1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting Replacement EPIC, how do I backup all apps?

I have tons of apps and things, whats a good way to back them up for free, thats the only part android doesn't have down pact in a easy way

root and use titanium, also looks like astro file manager will. not sure if it will backup market data and whatnot also but i just realized that by clicking first one did it for me
    Last edited by kgbcapthowdy; 09-21-2010 at 11:00 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i like the astro but can you restore with it too? whats an easy root for the epic? I would love to get wireless tether for free on here like i had on the evo

the one click root is super easy. biggest issue i had was i had to connect my phone like 3 or 4 separate times for all the drivers to install. after that click and done

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Download App Brain, then sync it, when you get your new phone download App Brain and sign in. It will prompt you to download all of your paid and free programs that you had before.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I know for sure the app brain is pointless I thought thats what it does too but it doesnt

My advice would be to root it and then use titanium/ My backup pro to make app backups and last but not least, use my backup pro to save your call logs,sms, contacts and calender entries (i dont think titanium does that).

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigb82 View Post
    I know for sure the app brain is pointless I thought thats what it does too but it doesnt
    Sure, it doesn't make a "itunes" back up, but it is almost as good. It will keep track of every app that you download as long as it has been synced. After the update all I had to do is hit next about 15 times and I had all of my programs loaded back up on my phone. It doesn't make a "itunes" back up, but it is almost as good.

Quote Originally Posted by debello View Post
    Sure, it doesn't make a "itunes" back up, but it is almost as good. It will keep track of every app that you download as long as it has been synced. After the update all I had to do is hit next about 15 times and I had all of my programs loaded back up on my phone. It doesn't make a "itunes" back up, but it is almost as good.
    Did all of your restored apps show up in your Downloads section in the Market?

You also can try the AdndroZip utility, which inlcudes an App Manager that will backup your APK files to the SD card.