Call Waiting issue on Epic
10-16-2010 01:14 PM
- I have had Sprint since 1999 so I know this is not a sprint issue. But here goes trying to explain in a simple manner.
I am on a call with Stephanie and a call waiting from John comes in, I take it, in order to get back to the original caller on the epic, i press swap and than I am back on with Stephanie, now I get another call and Fred calls, I take Freds call, once I am done I have no way to get back to Stephanie my original caller, I am forced to hang up cause there is no flash button on this phone!!! No other smart or dumb phone I have ever owned has been like this, I think a lot of the phone and contact issues are samsung related, anyone else see this?09-22-2010 12:21 AMLike 1
- I thought I had heard this before....
http://forum.androidcentral.com/spri...ting-flaw.html09-22-2010 01:44 PM
- I'm having the exact same issue. It is very frustrating. Another scenario is you're on the phone with Stephanie, and you get a call from John, so you tell John you're going to call him back and 3 way him in with you and Stephanie. Well, John hangs up and you press the "Add Call" button, but you can't, because the Epic still shows John on the other line.
I also have an issue with pulling a second caller in on three way, and not being able to disconnect the second caller from the conversation, without hanging up on both of them. I've been with Sprint since about 2001, and I keep seeing these forums where people are telling that is a Sprint issue. It's not. I'm coming form the Hero, Touch Pro, Touch, and the two Audiovox phones, and this has never been an issue with any of those.
I've been trying to search for custom dial pads for the Epic, to see if that fixes the problem, but there aren't any out there. I would rather this get fixed before Froyo comes out (personally), because I don't see the need in making a phone do even more, when it still doesn't operate as a basic phone.10-15-2010 05:01 PM
- The only way you can clear out the caller you hung up with is to actually hang up your phone. For example, I'm talking with Stephanie and John calls. I tell John I'll call him back later because I'm on the other line with his girlfriend . Now here's the tricky part---Instead of hitting 'swap', hang up the phone all together. It may seem like you hung up on both callers, but if you wait about 2-3 seconds, your phone will start ringing as if Stephanie is calling. On your end, it's as if Stephanie called you back. On her end, you just clicked over as if she was on hold the whole time. Kinda tedious, I know. But once you get used to the way Sprint works, it's not too bad. Oh yeah, it works for three-way calling too. (Damn, I should work for Sprint!)10-15-2010 05:59 PM
- bigtymer that's just a workaround, or, a way of dealing with the problem. It doesn't fix the problem. Plus, that's not how "Sprint" works, because it was never like this with the Hero or the Touch Pro, or any other phone I've had for that matter.
Is there anyone here that knows of a fix for this problem? I bought this phone for $350. I'm on the simply everything plan ($99) with the hotspot ($30), and an aircard that I'm still under contract with ($40). I'm paying $169 a month. I shouldn't have to "deal" with it.10-15-2010 11:04 PM
- @ape263 By no means is this a 'fix'. Like you said, it's just a workaround to keep from hanging up on everyone & looking like you don't know how to use your phone. I think it has to do with the phones. I previously had a pre & that was doing the same thing. When I went to sprint & showed them the problem, I ended up leaving the employees with big question marks above their heads. If I'm not mistaken, I had an Instinct that didn't have that problem. I would think that maybe when they program the phone for the carrier, they're screwing something up.10-16-2010 12:06 PM
- I get what you're saying, but the problem is, that workaround only works in that situation (however let's not forget as consumers, if this is a complaint, there shouldn't be any "workaround" in the first place). If I'm trying to three way someone and their voice-mail comes up, I have no choice but to merge the call, and hang up on both lines. This really is an issue for people who use the three way calling feature a lot. You wouldn't understand, if you don't use it that much.10-16-2010 01:14 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
Call Waiting issue on Epic
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD