Call Recording App

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an app to record both sides of a phone call. I've come across a couple but have read they don't work with the SGS phones. Anyone get one of these things to successfully 2-way record?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that illegal? :) j/k, but no, I haven't heard anything about an app, but if you come across one, be sure to share!

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It's perfectly legal to record phone conversations as long as one of the parties knows about the recording and gives permission. You can't record other people's conversations without permission from at least one party.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's perfectly legal to record phone conversations as long as one of the parties knows about the recording and gives permission. You can't record other people's conversations without permission from at least one party.

That's pretty much the key right there... while it's legal, both parties have to have knowledge of the action... love the legal system and all its "but with a catch" ins and outs... :D

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
There are actually only a handful of states that both parties need to know the conversation is being recorded. The ones I know of are CA, CT, MT, NV, WA. I think MA is one of them, and there may be 1 or two more. They are "Dual Party Consent States." I used to work in collections for CitiCards from 05-07 so when I called those specific states I'd have to give the old "This call may be monitored or recorded for quality purposes" speech.

sfalk123

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
i know that recordiapro.com is coming out with an app for droid and iphones soon. in the meanwhile u can use the standard recordiapro gold and it willl let u record the calls for the time being

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
wouldn't it be nice if people responded to the original question would just stick to answering the question asked - or at the very least - answer the question THEN speculate and misinform on the legality of it all?

I have been searching dozens of posts looking for just such an app and am forced to wade thru all this uninformed and unasked for B.S. to find even the tiniest nugget of helpful info.

People - if you can't answer the actual question then please, STFU.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
wouldn't it be nice if people responded to the original question would just stick to answering the question asked - or at the very least - answer the question THEN speculate and misinform on the legality of it all?

I have been searching dozens of posts looking for just such an app and am forced to wade thru all this uninformed and unasked for B.S. to find even the tiniest nugget of helpful info.

People - if you can't answer the actual question then please, STFU.

How ironic.

And yes, recordiapro is your best bet.

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an app to record both sides of a phone call. I've come across a couple but have read they don't work with the SGS phones. Anyone get one of these things to successfully 2-way record?

Actually, If you've gone and done the Google Integration, at any time during the call just hit "4". There will be an announcement that the call is being recorded (both parties now know), and it will record it directly into your google voice account. From there you can download, e-mail, etc. The audio is both sides of the conversation, does not draw any extra battery power, does not use SD space. Even if you didn't integrate Voice to your sprint account, you can still call people from your voice number and do the same.

I mainly use it to record directions from doctors and nurses when dealing with my sons illness, so I can e-mail the whole conversation, verbatim, to my wife so we're on the same page.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Actually, If you've gone and done the Google Integration, at any time during the call just hit "4". There will be an announcement that the call is being recorded (both parties now know), and it will record it directly into your google voice account. From there you can download, e-mail, etc. The audio is both sides of the conversation, does not draw any extra battery power, does not use SD space. Even if you didn't integrate Voice to your sprint account, you can still call people from your voice number and do the same.

I mainly use it to record directions from doctors and nurses when dealing with my sons illness, so I can e-mail the whole conversation, verbatim, to my wife so we're on the same page.

I have not done the Google integration. I know if someone calls your Google Voice number and I hit 4 on my end, it will record, but above you said: "Even if you didn't integrate Voice to your sprint account, you can still call people from your voice number and do the same." Do I need a Google Voice app on my phone to initiate the call from my phone making it use my Google Voice number?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not done the Google integration. I know if someone calls your Google Voice number and I hit 4 on my end, it will record, but above you said: "Even if you didn't integrate Voice to your sprint account, you can still call people from your voice number and do the same." Do I need a Google Voice app on my phone to initiate the call from my phone making it use my Google Voice number?

All the directions are on googles voice page. You can call your GV number from your phone, get into the voice menu, and one of the options is to enter a number to call. once THAT connects you can do the call recording.
The much easier way would be to just download the GV app, and make the call from in there.
I would really recommend going to google.com/voice and reading up on the features and how to access all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22