1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratched my screen with an unlikely item...CAUTION

So I've had my phone for about 2 weeks already, its a great phone. Less than a week after I got it I noticed some small scratches on my screen, got really upset. After a while those scratches got worst and I couldn't seem to figure out where they were coming from. They aren't too noticeable but did ruin my great screen. Well after a while I finally figured out the problem. I have diamond earrings and when I put my phone up to my ear the scratches are right where my earring rest on the screen. I never had this problem with any phone and I heard that the Epics screen was suppose to be hard to scratch. The Invisible Shields at Best Buy were recalled due to them not fitting properly so that has to wait. Does anyone know how to reduce the scratches on this screen until I can get a screen protector and just letting ya know for those who wear earrings. My girlfriend has an Epic as well but her earrings hang so she don't have this problem. Any good suggestions go reducing these scratches is appreciated.

wow. u know i read somewhere on a dif forum last week that sum1 didnt know how they scratched their screen .. if it wasnt u lol maybe they too wear diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Android210 View Post
    Any good suggestions go reducing these scratches is appreciated.
    Take off the earrings! you're a boy!

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    Take off the earrings! you're a boy!
    LMFAO!!! That comment was so full of win...
    "It’s only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything…"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Diamond cuts all. No exceptions.

Diamond is one of the hardest materials and will scratch pretty much anything, so it doesn't matter how tough the glass is.
    Epic 4G

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

owned by the earing..

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Diamond can scratch/cut anything. So do not think gorilla glass protects it from diamond scratches, it can only protect from other scratches.

Diamond>everything, this is why the gals love getting them rings. :O
    Standard Android User. Not rooted, never will root, just....stop it

this is the main reason I had to grab a screen protector

Sell the earings, buy a new Epic.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Alpha 5.1

Hey, at least we now know that your earrings are real, and not CZ. :-P

Solution: petition Samsung to make future screens out of diamond. Talk about never getting scratched.

[/QUOTE] The Invisible Shields at Best Buy were recalled due to them not fitting properly so that has to wait. [/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this? I have one and it does fit pretty poorly, even though I had them install it. Please point me in the direction of where I can get some more info on this. Thanks.