BATTERY DRAIN after UPDATE - READINGS, ANY IDEAS

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
My phone's battery has gone down the tubes after update went through Saturday, I had delayed but it did. Reduced by 50%.

I have been scouring forums for solutions - Running Apps - turned off DRM for Hub, no change. See Sprint Mobile Hot Spot running, don't know why, don't use.

Downloaded Spare Parts to check usage - Battery History shows Running Time and Wifi Running the same since last unplugged, 2 days in a row.

I do not have Wifi on, there is no toggle to turn off, nothing on top bar. I used
last Saturday, it was on when update came through, now it seems permanent unless it is somehow tied to HotSpot which show running in above app. I'm thinking about turning it off and see what happens, butnot good enough to know if this will cause some other problem that I'm not ware of - something is wierd.

Anyone having same drain problem find anything like this? I can return, but another phone, when it gets the update, might do same, so can't decide if this is my phone or across the board problem.

Ideas or feedback please, might help me or others, I do

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My phone's battery has gone down the tubes after update went through Saturday, I had delayed but it did. Reduced by 50%.

I have been scouring forums for solutions - Running Apps - turned off DRM for Hub, no change. See Sprint Mobile Hot Spot running, don't know why, don't use.

Downloaded Spare Parts to check usage - Battery History shows Running Time and Wifi Running the same since last unplugged, 2 days in a row.

I do not have Wifi on, there is no toggle to turn off, nothing on top bar. I used
last Saturday, it was on when update came through, now it seems permanent unless it is somehow tied to HotSpot which show running in above app. I'm thinking about turning it off and see what happens, butnot good enough to know if this will cause some other problem that I'm not ware of - something is wierd.

Anyone having same drain problem find anything like this? I can return, but another phone, when it gets the update, might do same, so can't decide if this is my phone or across the board problem.

Ideas or feedback please, might help me or others, I do

I have the same problem. The issue is that the phone will not go into sleep mode. people have speculated that its due to the media hub DRM. But I have canceled this and still have the same problem of the phone not sleeping... today is literally my last day to decide if I want to keep the phone or not. I kinda want to stick it out because I do like the phone... Hopefully they have this fixed in the next update. Does anyone know when the next update is coming?

cocoleveo7686

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. The issue is that the phone will not go into sleep mode. people have speculated that its due to the media hub DRM. But I have canceled this and still have the same problem of the phone not sleeping... today is literally my last day to decide if I want to keep the phone or not. I kinda want to stick it out because I do like the phone... Hopefully they have this fixed in the next update. Does anyone know when the next update is coming?

worse case you return the phone, go back to your old one then rebuy this when all the bugs are worked out...i cant decide if i want the evo or the epic bc of all the problems i have heard with both

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Power off your phone. give it a minute, power it back up. Let it boot. Go to settings-wireless networks. Click on airplane mode. Give that a few seconds click it off again, you will hear the radio reset. Back out of that, go to applications, then to running services. Close DRM and Media hub. go home, make sure you don't have GPS-WIFI-BLUETOOTH-4G running. Only turn them on when you need them.

See if that works for you. Mine went from eating 70-80% battery in 6-8 hours, to using 10-12% in the same time span.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
msw 323, I actually scoured pretty hard. You will see the results of my research from this and about 5 other threads out of SDX and XDA looking for
solutions. That is why I outlined what I had done and problem was different
from their solutions.

My Wifi is running. I kept looking - Mobile Hot Spot is in running apps - Settings/Apps/Running Services. I unchecked this since it was closest to Wifi
which I was not using, not Wifi, not Mobile Hot Spot.

So this was an idea for others to check that have the same frustrations and Support can give no solutions to - different from drm and Media Hub issues which I also had but had not fixed the problem.

Waiting to see if any of these help, my battery is still draining, but just booted
with all "changes" in place. I can go exchange the phone, but want to be sure a
new one won't do the same.

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
So are you saying that you have wifi off but it still shows as on? When you pull your status curtain/bar down, it shows on or off?

candi3188

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem as the OP. I tried everything in flynlow's thread, with only minimal change in the battery life. I killed DRM and media hub and left all my other services running, as I assume they needed to be running for my widgets and whatnot to operate properly.
Things to note:
-Using Battery History, I found that my phone was not sleeping at all.
-After the airplane mode trick, my time without signal went from being upwards of 40% to 0-1%.
-Google maps keeps starting itself. It appears to constantly search or something. It started 615 times for a total of 5 mins 11 seconds. (com.google.android.apps.maps LocationFriendsService)

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have facebook or something running with geo tagging? Layar? Must have something running that uses maps. I can't imagine why otherwise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay