Epic Price Reduction - Radio Shack

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see a thread or announcement in regards to the price reduction that took effect as of 9/24 on the Epic. It has been reduced to $219.99 for new activations/upgrades.

627x650_rs_epic_21999.jpg

sanman

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from Best Buy. At first they said the price reduction (to $229) only counted for *new* lines, not upgrades. Then I told them Radio Shack had it for $219. They picked up the phone, called a nearby Shack and confirmed. BB promptly rang up a $30 refund. I know lots of people complain about BB, but my local store (Pleasant Hill, CA) has been good for me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from Best Buy. At first they said the price reduction (to $229) only counted for *new* lines, not upgrades. Then I told them Radio Shack had it for $219. They picked up the phone, called a nearby Shack and confirmed. BB promptly rang up a $30 refund. I know lots of people complain about BB, but my local store (Pleasant Hill, CA) has been good for me.

When did you purchase your Epic? I just purchased mine from BestBuy this past Sunday (9/26). So you mean to say that I can just go back to them with my receipt and get a $30 refund?? Should I bring the box as well just in case they don't want to give me the refund so I can return it, lol?

CapsLockKey

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting. I had to exhange mine earlier in the week because the 4G radio quit working and noticed the price sticker said 219 but never realized I could get the 30 bucks back. Neither did the employee who rang up the exchange apparently, because I went in today and the manager gave it to me and said I probably should have received the 30 back when they gave me my new one but the dude ran it up weird.

symplistik

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if I can get money back? Initially, I brought an Evo at the beginning of August. But then when I relized the Epic was coming out, I pre-ordered and got the $50. When the Epic came in on the 31st, I exchanged my Evo and paid the difference. Anyone else in the same boat or similar?

Technically, i'm out of my 30 days within having a purchase from Radio Shack but i'm not out of my 30 days for having my Epic. Makes sense? :confused:

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Wait, if we purchased it on launch day (31st), then today (30th) is past the 30 days?

Didn't realize the 31st counted as a day! I'm going to Radioshack later today to see if they will still let me get the $30 back. :(

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Radio shack where I got the phone is
giving me some problems. They are saying they do not do price match/guarantee. I hate dealing with the customer service in these little stores. They act like it's their money.

rmt5

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was just in The Shack as well and they wouldn't give me the price match because their in-store sign still said 249.99 (even though it's probably just an outdated sticker that hasn't gotten replaced in a timely manner).

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
You might have to make a stink about it.

I called multiple radioshacks in my area.

its not Price Match but "Price Protection". Radioshack doesn't do price match but they DO price protection.

1st RS i called said, NO YOU ARE PAST YOUR 30 DAYS.
2nd RS i called said, WE DONT DO PRICE PROTECTION.
3rd RS i called said, Yes bring in your receipt and we can do a price protection today.

You might have to be firm about it, but its up to the radioshack manager if they will give you the refund or not.

Sirus213

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay so after reading this thread I was like ima get my $30(32.92 w/ CA tax) but I couldnt find the reciept so I called the local store that I bought the phone from and told them I didnt have my reciept if I could get another one they said yes. So than I asked them about price protection and he wasnt sure another employee told me no but when i said other radio shacks were giving them out. I finanly spoke to the manager and he said no problem aslong as I have the card I purchased the phone with i was in good hands. After 10 minutes i was refunded my money back to my card WOO HOO!

So if you don't have your reciept goto the store you purchased it with and they should be able to help you out if they say we can't tell them your buddy was able to and wtf!

Note: My purchase was winthin the 30 days.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The store manager made a call then decided to make the adjustment. I was waiting for almost an hour for him to complete it but he was having problems. The way he got it done was by giving me a new phone which I found really weird but I can't complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463