1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default 3G upload cap fix to be rolled out this week!

Taken from the official Sprint thread here:

"Good news - an update will be released tomorrow 9/30. It will be rolled out over a 4 day period so not everyone will get it on day 1.

I will have the standard MR information (fixes included, rollout schedule, etc) available tomorrow morning and will post it in a new featured thread."

AWESOME!

Global Posts
    2,679 Global Posts

great news.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

So what's the last day to return your phone if you got it on the 31st? Today or tomorrow? Do you start counting from the 31st or the 1st?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Seems like Sprint might have done something on the network side of things too. After weeks of getting only sub 150kbps upload readings on both Speedtest.net and the FCC app, today I'm hitting 500-800kbps. Nice to see.

Update: Nevermind. It lasted for a brief period after lunch. But later on in the afternoon when I tried it again i was back to ~150kbps. Oh well. Hopefully that update hits early tomorrow.
    Last edited by marioc21; 09-29-2010 at 05:31 PM.

I went to Best Buy at lunch today -- the guy in the cell phone department said that TOMORROW is the last day to exchange your phone. Assuming you want to trade for an Evo, though, you may be out of luck; they are still in short supply.
    Thanked by:
    epbb 

This its great news for us Epic owners who have suffered with paltry upload speeds for nearly a month. Not to be too much of a realist, but with Sprint' and Samsung's track record, thee proof will be in the pudding. I love my Epic, and just want it to function as advertised. This its very good news though.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

From the new MR thread posted by a Sprint admin:

9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

Fixes:
    WiFi standby battery drain
    Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
    Large emails lag in upload speeds
    Increased 3G upload speeds

Update your software
    1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
    2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
    - This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
    - The new software version is: S700.0.5S.DI18
    - This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device. It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
    - Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18. If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device to DI07. The update from DI07 to DI18 is not yet available to the Service and Repair Centers. As soon as it is, this post will be updated.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by kristv View Post

Fixes:
    WiFi standby battery drain
    Link:

If you are into that kind of thing

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    Official EB13 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by kristv View Post

Fixes:
    ** WiFi standby battery drain **
    This wasn't expected for this update was it? In the "does the Epic sleep" threads and testing, has anyone compared with WiFi on or off?

Honestly, I haven't experienced this problem. However, I have experienced more-than-average battery drain with 3G in standby. Maybe that's what they actually mean. Kind of a big goof if it's a typo, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the update actually does. Any improvement in battery is welcomed though, but I know I haven't noticed any sort of battery drain when the wifi has been on or in standby. On the contrary, I get awesome battery life if wifi is around.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Dang it, I'm always too late to catch these spammers

Wifi standby? I thought it was just general standby that's the issue? Was that not fixed?