3G upload cap fix to be rolled out this week!
Taken from the official Sprint thread here:
Samsung Epic:3G Upload Capped?
"Good news - an update will be released tomorrow 9/30. It will be rolled out over a 4 day period so not everyone will get it on day 1.
I will have the standard MR information (fixes included, rollout schedule, etc) available tomorrow morning and will post it in a new featured thread."
- 09-29-2010, 12:43 PM #2
- 09-29-2010, 12:52 PM #3
- 09-29-2010, 01:06 PM #4
Seems like Sprint might have done something on the network side of things too. After weeks of getting only sub 150kbps upload readings on both Speedtest.net and the FCC app, today I'm hitting 500-800kbps. Nice to see.
Update: Nevermind. It lasted for a brief period after lunch. But later on in the afternoon when I tried it again i was back to ~150kbps. Oh well. Hopefully that update hits early tomorrow.
- 09-29-2010, 02:03 PM #5
- 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM #6
- 28 Posts
This its great news for us Epic owners who have suffered with paltry upload speeds for nearly a month. Not to be too much of a realist, but with Sprint' and Samsung's track record, thee proof will be in the pudding. I love my Epic, and just want it to function as advertised. This its very good news though.
From the new MR thread posted by a Sprint admin:
9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release
WiFi standby battery drain
Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
Large emails lag in upload speeds
Increased 3G upload speeds
Update your software
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: S700.0.5S.DI18
- This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device. It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18. If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device to DI07. The update from DI07 to DI18 is not yet available to the Service and Repair Centers. As soon as it is, this post will be updated.
- 09-30-2010, 11:13 AM #8
- 106 Posts
- 09-30-2010, 11:42 AM #9
- 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM #10
- 215 Posts
Honestly, I haven't experienced this problem. However, I have experienced more-than-average battery drain with 3G in standby. Maybe that's what they actually mean. Kind of a big goof if it's a typo, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the update actually does. Any improvement in battery is welcomed though, but I know I haven't noticed any sort of battery drain when the wifi has been on or in standby. On the contrary, I get awesome battery life if wifi is around.
- 10-02-2010, 11:22 PM #11