DI18 Update Released

zetterwing

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to dialer and enter *#4636*1111#. Then select Battery History. From there you can find all this info....specifically Under "Other Usage" the top bar reads "Running". Tap this and it gives you time without sleeping. You can select whether to see this info since last boot, unplugged, or all time.

After a lot of tweaking and locking down certain apps I'm at 23% time without sleeping today. Pretty good considering my Airave went down for about an hour this afternoon. Prior to adjusting settings it was always above 60% and sometimes in the 90's.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I don't think this is a defect with the Epic... I've gone through 3 phones... and every one has had its problems, but they have ALL been able to sleep perfectly fine.

For those that have a problem with this particular issue: you must have some rogue process or application that's doing it. Download the System Panel application and it will help you locate the problem.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Go to dialer and enter *#4636*1111#. Then select Battery History. From there you can find all this info....specifically Under "Other Usage" the top bar reads "Running". Tap this and it gives you time without sleeping. You can select whether to see this info since last boot, unplugged, or all time.

After a lot of tweaking and locking down certain apps I'm at 23% time without sleeping today. Pretty good considering my Airave went down for about an hour this afternoon. Prior to adjusting settings it was always above 60% and sometimes in the 90's.

Would you be so kind to say exactly what you did since it seems like your phone is sleeping correctly?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... I don't think this is a defect with the Epic... I've gone through 3 phones... and every one has had its problems, but they have ALL been able to sleep perfectly fine.

For those that have a problem with this particular issue: you must have some rogue process or application that's doing it. Download the System Panel application and it will help you locate the problem.

Trying this, see if i can figure out what is causing the phone to remain awake.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i tested and my download AND upload were better than ive ever had. average before in my house was 250 down and 140 up, now i am getting 755 down and 415 up

zetterwing

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Would you be so kind to say exactly what you did since it seems like your phone is sleeping correctly?

It was a long process but here are the final details...rooted running Mixup kernel.Used Autostarts app to stop drm and media hub from starting AT ANY TIME. That is important because other system changes appear to restart them for instance a change in connectivity(wifi/no wifi) will start Media Hub. Changed default email app to never sync automatically. I just open it when I want to check that account. Screen brightness is pretty low but not all the way down. All these things helped improve battery life but didn't really get it to where I;m at now. I tried the Airplane mode toggle on/off after boot as well but never tested to see how much it helped. One other thing I noticed is that some apps/widgets actually say they can prevent the phone from sleeping(Facebook). Killed my widget on that too just in case.

Last thing I did was go to Wifi Settings and tapped menu to bring up advanced and toggled Wifi Sleep Policy to never(previously had it set to When screen turns off). This made my battery life jump huge.

I think if someone could try only the Wifi sleep policy change we might be able to determine how much it helps or is it a combination of the drm/media hub kill and wifi. Not sure how it all fits together but it works and I'm loving it.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I think he meant that he downloaded the file from XDA and installed it manually using recovery.

correct and the stock recovery, the only thing ive done is root b/c i dont care about custom roms, i went through like 30+roms on the evo to get one that 95% of the **** worked right. so i got sick of em and having to flash back and ****. its nice 3 updates since epic launch and not a single one broke root. evo updates everytime broke root

robrob

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the upgrade from xda and applied it using recovery mode (power off then: down volume + camera + power) and I'm getting faster than ever uploads. It looks like this fix is the real deal! Sweet! It's like Christmas in October!

My previous fastest upload was 172, I just went outside and got 477 up, 803 down with a ping of 108ms. Me likey! People are reporting the large file upload is working perfectly too (no stutter during music playback or hot cpu). Thanks Sprint for coming through for us!

P.S. I have the Joey Krim root but everything else is stock and the upgrade went perfectly and I'm still rooted.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this fixed the sleep issue, actually I'm sure of it. Time without sleep 18.1% before the update always at least 99.2%.