Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Puzzle Piece

So, has anyone gotten the puzzle piece lock screen?

Tried looking around but haven't seen it anywhere.

I would like to know the same thing as well.

I may be wrong, but I think the puzzle piece lock screen is a property of Touch Wiz 3.0. The Epic runs an earlier version of TW.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No way to port it? There's got to be a way dagnabbit!

The Epic runs Touchwiz 3.0. The puzzle-piece lock slider is just one of the little final touches -- so to speak -- that didn't make it into Sprints Galaxy S phone.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dallin Hampton View Post
    The Epic runs Touchwiz 3.0. The puzzle-piece lock slider is just one of the little final touches -- so to speak -- that didn't make it into Sprints Galaxy S phone.
    Pretty sure the epic is running Touchwiz 2.5. It's like 3.0, but lacks a few features.

Tha Boss ROM on XDA had "puzzle piece lock screen" as an upcoming feature for a while, and a new version of the ROM is coming out very soon (possibly tonight). As soon as it's released I'll post it in the Epic 4G ROMs/Hacks sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jd195 View Post
    Pretty sure the epic is running Touchwiz 2.5. It's like 3.0, but lacks a few features.
    Although that is without a doubt possible, I find it very illogical that Sprint would do such a thing. Why would Sprint willingly give the other carriers a leg-up on their device when physically, Sprints Galaxy S phone is superior to the other carriers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzle Piece-img.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jd195 View Post
    thats correct, they couldnt get 3.0 working and didnt want to delay the release of the phone any further so they went with what worked and hopefully 3.0 will be on the 2.2 froyo

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    thats correct, they couldnt get 3.0 working and didnt want to delay the release of the phone any further so they went with what worked and hopefully 3.0 will be on the 2.2 froyo
    I heard it was due to landscape problems, with 3.0 not being able to handle it. When I looked at the specs for the Epic on Sprint's official site a while back ago I saw it saying TW 2.5 but thought it was a typo, I guess not. Let's hope Froyo fixes this!