Problems Downloading from Market with Epic 4G

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife a new Epic 4G and she has been having problems downloading from the Marketplace. It seems to be a 3G problem. It does seem to work right away with Wifi, but if I press download while 3G is on, it takes a very long time until it might finally download. I know it is a phone problem, not a 3G problem, because I have an EVO, and at the same time downloading from the market with the EPIC, the EVO has no problems at all.

Is anyone else having problems downloading from the Marketplace on 3G and even 4G? If so, how do I fix the problem. I do have the latest update installed and it still didn't fix the problem.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Every so often, I'll get the same issue regardless of wifi or 3g. When it happens it will hang on the "downloading" step. I haven't found a way to fix this but it normally will go away in a minute or two for me.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It does finally work, but it takes about 10 minutes, at least. I toggle on and off, airplane mode, wifi, etc, nothing. Then out of no where it starts to work. Once it works, it is fine for the rest of the day, most of the time. The one problem with the logic of starting something else, is that my wife was already using the phone this morning and reading her email and she got new email, so the 3G was working.

Anyone else have any ideas if this is normal for the EPIC 4G, and probably would need to be fixed in some sort of update from Samsung or Sprint?

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem after replacing the phone (last one had other problems) I've been pulling my hair out for the better part of a day. The Market will just NOT download an app unless i'm on WIFI. I did a factory reset from the boot screen and was able to download one app on 3g but then it went back to the same old thing. Only difference I'm having, is that it won't work AT ALL on 3g. Any Ideas?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If my download is hanging after 30 sec I cancel the download then restart the download - that jump-starts it sometimes.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems that the system updates I restored this morning did the trick. We'll see what happens after a day or two.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I Did a factory Reset from the Boot Screen, giving me Stock DG17. I then flashed a stock DG27 (Full STOCK ROM), using odin, following the instructions and links found at the end of this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/38220-how-update-di18-manually-9.html Note: The DG27 links are at the end of the thread, and the DI18 links are at the beginning.

Then I Downloaded and installed the DI07 Update Posted Here :
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/35214-manually-update-your-phone-di07.html

Followed by the DI18 Update Found at the beginning of the first link. A roundabout way perhaps. But it got me there. GPS is ROCKING BTW.

Hope this Helps :)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This seems to work for me when market is not downloading apps.

if gtalk is working, market should work. They somehow work together.

Google's typical response is a temporary network connectivity issue.

Clear Data and Cache for the following apps.

Go into apps, menu, filter all apps,

Checkin Service, Download Manager, Google Talk Service, Google Talk Storage, Market

Force close market and restart it.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Y does it seem like my wife has a different version of the market than I do. Her app comments are on a tab and mine is at the bottom of the description and we both have the epic. However we both have this download issue.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

travel2usoon

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with downloading yet from market but I do often use Appbrain instead. I have been using 3g as where I am there is no wifi or 4g available.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Y does it seem like my wife has a different version of the market than I do. Her app comments are on a tab and mine is at the bottom of the description and we both have the epic. However we both have this download issue.

Is your wife rooted? Are booth of you on the latest update?
Her market is the 2.2 froyo style market.
And I think this is why we are having market lag, althoug mine seems to be fine now after almost a week without downloads

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza