Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with Hanging up

Does anyone else have the problem where you can't push the end call button after a call? This happens to me all the time and I usually have to kick out the keyboard before I can do anything.

same here and with my wife, just something i deal with

No problem hanging up with the end call button on mine. I even have a thick antiglare screen protector on it.

Do a Hard Reset to dump the memory and see if it works properly before you load anything on your phone

Same here. If you put you finger over the proximity sensor and then remove it, so that the screen turns on and of, you should be able to hang up. This is annoying though. (proximity sensor is in the top left corner)

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Mine does this from time to time and I agree it is quite annoying.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

yea i can turn the screen on and off and itll usually work. like i said nothing is perfect
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

While nothing is perfect it's a basic function of a phone. I hope it's something that can be fixed in future updates. Thanks for the tips about the proximity sensor guys.

Think mine is working better after the update. I will continue to monitor it's behavior.

lol good to know it isn't just me having this annoying issue . its intermittent but annoying

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

My guess is that it has something to do with the sensor and the screen turning off and a timer. I have this problem at times, and my Palm Pre also has the same issue.
    I've gradually just learned to look at the screen and wait 1 second after it turns on before hanging up.

same here also when i wanna go to speaker phone

No problems here, as responsive as I've expected. But maybe it's because I came from an Intercept, which had the most nonresponsive end call button ever.

I have the same problem.... it takes a second before I can end the call... anoying.... and I hope there is a solution.

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

This is another aspect of the Pre I missed - being able to tweak, such as End
    call when either party hangs up - if selected, that was automatic.