Issues after recent update

hawzy5214

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The haptic feedback is all messed up after I updated...
Now, the home button is vibrating at a strength 2x more than the other buttons, and the back button needs a few presses to register.
Also, the transition from home screen to applications page is slow, as is the transitions to other app screens.

Does anyone else have that problem?...this is so weird.
I had heard about issues with the capacitive buttons before owning an Epic and was happy when I was not having any issues after 2 weeks. Now this...

downsouth11

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Turned on haptic feedback to check, and I think you are correct.

The back button works the same as before, for me.

The phone is not slower between functions, but it does like a fade.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't updated yet, but I've noticed when the phone is lagging due to some background process, the haptic buttons tend to mess up like this. Sometimes home buzzes extremely strong, and other times the buttons themselves will lag and then buzz for every press I made in the last 10 seconds all at once. It doesn't happen often, but just from time to time I've noticed it. It makes it feel like the phone is yelling at me :/

I'll look for it more after the update

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My back button seems like a quick vibrate while my home is a slightly longer vibrate but not any stronger than it was before. Maybe they just changed the duration of the vibrate for the separate buttons? As for registration of the back button it hasn't changed for me. Home screen/app screens are also the same for me but I'm using launcher pro

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did notice the difference between the home haptic feedback and the other buttons... I don't know, I don't mind it and kind of like it... assures me that I'm pressing the right button if I care to think about it...

I'm not getting the issue of my back button not registering... and my transitions haven't been slower, so it might be something with your device...

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sync and Dropbox don't always like WiFi. Sometimes I have to switch to 3g to sync and use Dropbox. I had other WiFi problems before the update (picture sms), but never this.

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
This update really screwed with my phone, it was running great after the 17 update though. Now I can't get my email to DL, can't dl apps, tweetdeck doesn't work and my text messages are messed up. I can send and receive texts, but they won't appear in a threaded order anymore.

ghees_mail

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the heptic...but I have notice that my screen settings change on their own. I don;t have it in auto brightness adjust I just have it set on a low brightness but sometimes as I am texting or doing something that has me touching the screen...the brightness will automatically adjust itself up then I have to go back into the screens settings and lower the brightness again. It happens at least once a day. Anyone else has this issue?

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the heptic...but I have notice that my screen settings change on their own. I don;t have it in auto brightness adjust I just have it set on a low brightness but sometimes as I am texting or doing something that has me touching the screen...the brightness will automatically adjust itself up then I have to go back into the screens settings and lower the brightness again. It happens at least once a day. Anyone else has this issue?

If you drag your finger along the top bar, it changes brightness. You are prob hitting it by accident. It is intended, did it before the update. I do it accidentally alot as well.

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's probably Samsung's 'features'. If you pull down the notification window at an angle, the screen brightness goes up. Also screen brightness increases when you use the browser....some 'features', huh?

EDIT: Dang. Mike77, I was seconds too slow. both at 11:14. lol