Dust Under Screen????

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any occurences of this? I have an EVO and man....major dust under screen. Been like that since a week after I got it but loved the phone so much I'd just live with it's minor imperfection. Well, 4 months later and it's a real eye-sore. Can't stand it and downright no way to ignore it. It's horrible.

Any stories out there of the Epic suffering from this same issue?

I ask this here because depending on how I look to get this fixed, if possible, I just might switch over to the Epic instead of dealing with this issue altogether. Dust under the screen is simply unacceptable.

Jeff W

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't screen separation one of the launch problems the Evo had? If so that's where your dust is coming from.

I'm on my 2nd Epic, first had some screen separation so I swapped it for a new one, haven't really heard too many complaints of it though so I don't think it's widespread.

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure dust under the screen is possible with a Super AMOLED screen due to how they make it, the digitizer and screen are bonded together so there are no extra layers in the display for dust to get into. This is also what makes for the amazing outdoor visibility compared to older AMOLED screens because it reduces the glare from having the display made from extra payers of glass.

mort3987

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Dust under screen.

My first epic had a tiny spec of dust under the screen. Sprint almost refused to take it back because they said it wasn't really a defect with the operation of the phone. After saying I would just cancel my account, they decided to give me a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy