Question about Froyo and Epic

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So my co worker just got the G2 from T-mobile and we both ran the quadrant benchmark. His CPU tests seem to blow mine away but in the gfx part mine is doubled what his gets.
Why does he kill me in the CPU dept when it's only 800mhz compared to my 1ghz? Is it because he runs 2.2 and I'm on 2.1? Can expect to see any increase in CPU compute power with 2.2? Thanks

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For sure?

Noob here! I'm a US Cell customer but ready to make the jump to Sprint. I was all ready to get the EVO till I saw the Epic and this thing has tons of potential. I was at the store on Friday and ready to purchase until the kid told me that the 2.2 update is not a done deal. In other words, he said that they have no idea if this device will ever get the 2.2 upgrade. That gave me enough pause to decide to hold off on my switch but I'm getting itchy for this phone.
Is the guy at the store misinformed or is the 2.2 just speculation at this point?

I'm jumping from a very old samsung slider dumbphone and want my first superphone to be something special. By the sound of it, once this thing gets 2.2, it's a champ!

So, what's the scoop? Are we DEFINITELY getting 2.2, or should I keep waiting, just in case?

Thanks

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
If it never gets 2.2, you'll see Samsung's future take a serious hit. That would be a "twice bitten" thing, and a *lot* of people would drop them like a hot rock. Search "samsung behold II" and you'll understand.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd not only drop them, but sprint, too. They've said it will come out for epic, but not when. They mentioned every device after hero and moment will get froyo love, including the intercept, which is so much like the moment, it's embarrassing to say that will get froyo and not the moment.

Reactions: huytrang90

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd not only drop them, but sprint, too. They've said it will come out for epic, but not when. They mentioned every device after hero and moment will get froyo love, including the intercept, which is so much like the moment, it's embarrassing to say that will get froyo and not the moment.

Yeah especially since the hero and moment have yet to reach end of life as far as I know. Or have they?

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Well the Samsung Transform is coming out soon, and it was mentioned it would have 2.2 soon after launch. It would be a travesty for it to get 2.2 before the Epic, regardless if it has vanilla android or not.

And I wish I knew why Sprint is becoming the bottome feeder of android phones. The Intercept, Transform, Zio and Optimus. All lackluster Android phones. Makes zero sense to have the Evo and Epic be the only great phones.

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol the guy at the Sprint store I went into was sitting there listening to music on his Epic. I asked him about the battery issues on the epic and if he knew if there would be a fix. His response "What battery issue, mine lasts like 10 hours a day".

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol the guy at the Sprint store I went into was sitting there listening to music on his Epic. I asked him about the battery issues on the epic and if he knew if there would be a fix. His response "What battery issue, mine lasts like 10 hours a day".

yeah, most people aren't experiencing battery issues, myself included. The tips and tricks increase the battery even more, but 10 hours is easily achieved, more like 15 hours... I'm also not on the internet on the phone for 5 hours a day, I use a computer for MOST of that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood