gmail app very slow what do i do for push email?
11-04-2010 08:17 AM
- The gmail app on my epic seems to be very slow. I work with my pops and we both used to have blackberries (he still does) and we have one email account that we share. His blackbarry used to get email abuot 1 second faster than mine (when he was in a 3g area) because he is on att and i am on sprint, anyhow. The difference is now in minutes, sometimes as much as 10-20 minutes using the gmail app. Is there something that i am doing wrong? Do i need to leave the gmail app open all the time for it to push email? is there an update for it that i have not recieved? i tested it with my desktop and it takes on average about 10 minutes before i get an email pushed to the gmail app. I tried to send 2 pictures using the gmail app and it sat in the outbox for about 40 minutes before i sent it with the samsung email app and it went out in a matter of 2 minutes or less.
anyone else seeing this?10-07-2010 08:38 PMLike 1
- it should be instant for me as well. yesterday it was not, however today it is working great. i think i know what the problem was and or is. i am in a area with spotty 4g coverage (but good 3g coverage) so my phone is probably trying to switch back and forth between 4g and 3g very often, so the connection is getting interupted too much. Last night i turned 4g off completely and my gmail app seems to be spot on. maybe 1 or 2 seconds after i send the email from my desktop (testing it) i receive it on my epic.
what i am going to do is go all day with 4g turned off and see how the email performs. Then go all day tomorrow with the 4g turned on and see how it performs.
anyone else seeing connection failures often because of spotty 4 g coverage in there area?10-08-2010 07:41 AM
- Checking to see if you resolved this.
I'm in a 3G only area with an Epic 4G and am having the slow email problem as well.
My wait times for email is significantly longer though. I have sent email on my Epic from one hotmail account to a gmail account and waited 3 hours before it arrived.
Even when I attempt to push the email, it generally takes several minutes after I've checked and seen nothing for anything to show up.
Hard to believe no one else is having this problem.
When I had my EVO it was lickety split on email. Epic is an awesome phone, but the email wait time sucks!10-10-2010 04:15 PM
You won't lose any information this way.10-10-2010 10:59 PM
- caliskimmerRetired ModeratorI have all my gmail forwarded to another account and didn't want to reverse it. Sadly, I could not come up with a solution K-9 mail was awful, Maildroid (or whatever is called) did not work. Gmail was adequate at best when I changed settings in my gmail. I hope others don't have this problem as it was quite disappointing.10-10-2010 11:22 PM
- I just tested my gmail from my desktop through sbcglobal to the phone.. almost instant over wiFi
Also tested incoming from desktop sbcglobal mail to phone over 3G took about 1 min. with medium signal strength.
From Phone to Sbcglobal over 3G
e-mail sent form Android Epic to sbcglobal received on my dekstop Sbcglobal almost instant over 3G.
From Phone to Sbcglobal over WiFi
Similar results, received from Android Epic within 1 minute.
May be the area you are in. What is your signal strength over 3G10-11-2010 12:17 AM
- my problem seems to be random. Most of the time gmail pushes the email within a few seconds (i am now on 4g in my home, yay me!) but sometimes the imap email program is first to get my new email and i have to manually go into the gmail application and hit refresh to recieve the email there.
This is annoying, and i bet a lot of others are having the same problem and just dont know, because they have not tested. I believe the problem lies in the
Gmail app itself, or possibly another app that i may have downloaded that is interfering with it. couple this problem with the battery life issue and i am not sure if i want to keep this phone or not. i wish the evo had a physical keyboard.10-11-2010 09:04 AM
- It has to do with the 3G connection going dormant. If you look at the 3G icon after its idle for a little bit, you will notice the 3G-D.
The EVO has an option called "Enable Always On Data" that prevents the connection from going dormant. However, this option was left off of the Epic for some reason.10-11-2010 09:27 AM
- well i call sprint i am on hold with them now. The first rep claims its an update that is needed on my phone and transferred me to escalations which i am currently on hold with, allegedly they are going to "push" an update through for my phone. i have a feeling that when someone finally comes to the phone they will tell me something different.10-11-2010 10:18 AM
- 10-11-2010 11:41 AM
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk10-11-2010 02:24 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
gmail app very slow what do i do for push email?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD