Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AllShare

Has anyone tried it? I tried it today and it didn't seem to work very well. I mean, it worked with pictures, but very slow....

Maybe it was the slow speed of my wifi network?

Has anyone used it with quality results?

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Has anyone tried it? I tried it today and it didn't seem to work very well. I mean, it worked with pictures, but very slow....

It works very well.

I usually take a video of my family and then stream it to my TV without cables. Pretty cool stuff.

Just finally got it to work on my 360. I am using a cisco n+ router and it streamed pretty well. I live in an apartment so the distance between router and xbox is just a room apart with me sitting on the couch with my phone locating between the tv and router. When I played some vid I recorded in 720p it lag slightly but not all the time. The movies that I played which were in 480x320 res played with no problem and looked like dvd quality.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,678 Global Posts

I use it with my PS3. It works decently for videos. Had some buffer issues but it's not that bad. I'd rather use video out if it was available.

I have the Apple time capsule N wireless router and it streams well on the PS3 (Divx videos), XBOX, and media center PCs

Just wish the ps3 could play 3gp videos taken by the Epic.

I also played my 720p ripped BR movies from my phone to my PS3 but through my router. Had some buffering issues but played it smoothly for the most part. Is there any way to send it directly to the PS3 instead of going through the router?? I'd like to play some movies when I go to my parents house from my phone but they don't have a wi-fi setup there, only a PS3 for Blu-Ray movies. For the mean time, I'll just directly plug my phone to the PS3 to play the movies.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I also played my 720p ripped BR movies from my phone to my PS3 but through my router. Had some buffering issues but played it smoothly for the most part. Is there any way to send it directly to the PS3 instead of going through the router?? I'd like to play some movies when I go to my parents house from my phone but they don't have a wi-fi setup there, only a PS3 for Blu-Ray movies. For the mean time, I'll just directly plug my phone to the PS3 to play the movies.
    How do you do it by directly connecting your phone t the ps3? I didn't know we could do that!

For some reason, my ps3 will not connect to the wireless router I have at home. I don't know why. So, I can't use it that way, as much as I would like to. Does anyone here know if we can play movies we purchased from media hub through all share? Also, what about that music hub that the galaxy tab has? Will we be getting it?

How do you do it by directly connecting your phone t the ps3? I didn't know we could do that!
    plug your phone in the same way you would plug it into your computer and select mass storage on your phone and you should be able to select your files in your phone via your PS3. I do this with my external HD all the time.

For some reason, my ps3 will not connect to the wireless router I have at home. I don't know why. So, I can't use it that way, as much as I would like to.
    Try plugging your PS3 directly to your wireless router. Hardwire it. Its the best way for online gaming anyway. Thats how I have mine.

ROM
    CM7 & HC Bottle of Smoke

How do you get allshare to work with your x360???

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

i can't get my phone to play ANYTHING off my server. strike that... i can play music, but no videos or photos will play. i keep getting a message that i can't play that type of file.

Quote Originally Posted by barakisbrown View Post
    How do you get allshare to work with your x360???
    You need to run the media center extender

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by murso74 View Post
    i can't get my phone to play ANYTHING off my server. strike that... i can play music, but no videos or photos will play. i keep getting a message that i can't play that type of file.
    Yeah it can't stream 3gp (the video type) taken by the phone but if you had AVI or MP4 videos loaded on it then those can be played. Photos you took with the Epic should be able to be streamed as well - not sure why yours is having that issue.