Has anyone had Sprint replace just the battery?

Ajbent86

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I get REALLY bad battery life on my epic. I have ATK set to aggressive, the screen brightness is low, I kill DRM on every reboot, and 4g/Wi-Fi are almost never turned on.

(I am on the latest android build as well)

However, I'm lucky if I get 4 or 5 hours of battery total. I am reading about all these people who are getting 20 to 25 hours on a single charge. I don’t understand why I cannot achieve this.

I really like the Epic I have, it has no other problems. (GPS works great, capacitive buttons work fine, no lag, slider is tight, no oreo effect)

Is it possible that my battery is defective? Or could a defect on the phone be causing the terrible battery life??

I'm skeptical to take my phone back to sprint and swap it out for a device that might have other problems. (Like GPS not working or a loose slider)

(The build date on the phone and battery are both 08/10)

Last edited:

Guapo104

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I get REALLY bad battery life on my epic. I have ATK set to aggressive, the screen brightness is low, I kill DRM on every reboot, and 4g/Wi-Fi are almost never turned on.

(I am on the latest android build as well)

However, I'm lucky if I get 4 or 5 hours of battery total. I am reading about all these people who are getting 20 to 25 hours on a single charge. I don?t understand why I cannot achieve this.

I really like the Epic I have, it has no other problems. (GPS works great, capacitive buttons work fine, no lag, slider is tight, no oreo effect)

Is it possible that my battery is defective? Or could a defect on the phone be causing the terrible battery life??

I'm skeptical to take my phone back to sprint and swap it out for a device that might have other problems. (Like GPS not working or a loose slider)

(The build date on the phone and battery are both 08/10)

Just an FYI:

I had posted before in another thread on my poor battery life, even after killing the DRM application, toggling between airplane mode, and making sure 4G/WiFi was off.

I took my phone on Sept. 28th to the Sprint corporate store, after calling tech support to document my issue with my phone battery and to setup an appointment at the store. They tested my phone and battery, and my phone test fine. My battery failed miserably. They gave me a new battery and were kind enough to call me, at my office, when my phone was ready for pick up. The battery was fully charged when I received my phone.

I am pleased to report that after closing Media Hub and DRM app, as well as toggling the airplane mode on and off, I now get well over 12hrs+ of moderate to heavy usage(phone calls, email, texts, web surf) on my battery.

So far today, I have been unplugged for 13hr 11min 35s and my battery stats are as follows;

Voice Calls: 67% - 2hr 7m 1s
Display: 22% - Time on 1h 47m 39s
Cell Standby: 5% with Time without signal at 3%
Phone Idle: 3%
Bluetooth: 2% - time on 7h 19m 39s

I now have 24% battery left.

So have your phone and BATTERY tested.

UPDATE: Ever since the most recent update, DI18, I now get a good 15 to 17 hrs of battery charge with moderate to heavy usage and usually have about 20% to 25% battery left. Definitely not afraid to use my phone now...

Ajbent86

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow! that makes me feel a lot better.

My phone has been unpluged for about 2 hours now, according to the battery usage chart, ive made 27 min worth of calls.

My battery is at 41%

I think i will pay a visit to my local sprint store tomorrow in hopes of a new battery.

**Oh also, a detail I forgot to include in my first post. My phone will not under any circumstances charge to 100%. The highest i can get it is 97 or 98 very breifly. Even after bump charging it**

Guapo104

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow! that makes me feel a lot better.

My phone has been unpluged for about 2 hours now, according to the battery usage chart, ive made 27 min worth of calls.

My battery is at 41%

I think i will pay a visit to my local sprint store tomorrow in hopes of a new battery.

**Oh also, a detail I forgot to include in my first post. My phone will not under any circumstances charge to 100%. The highest i can get it is 97 or 98 very breifly. Even after bump charging it**

Join the club on your battery not charging to 100%. I've had me phone show my battery at 100%, to only see it drop down to 97% once I unplugged it.

More importantly, the overall duration of your battery is what needs to be addressed. Be sure to first call tech support and advise them of your battery issue and then have them schedule an appointment at your local Sprint store. Saves you some time... Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae