Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Angry My Contacts List Wiped Out!!!!!

My contacts list just wiped out the other day..... I got a call from my wife, but it didn't show her name. I thought that was weird. Then I went to the contact list and saw that none of my numbers were there. It had managed to keep/sunc my facebook and email contacts, but none of my phone numbers. I though I was good because I had done a Lookout Backup about a week prior. I did a restore of my contacts list through that, but it didn't work.

Luckily for me, I thought that I still had my old Pre. I took it into the Sprint store to have them transfer my contacts to my Epic. They took 45 min to do it. When I came home, I saw that I still didn't have all of my numbers, my contacts had quite a few goof-ups with different FB pics and multiple entries for the same person, or even someone else's info under a different name.

Any clue as to what happened or how I can fix it????????

Thanks

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I periodically do an export to SD card back up. You also may be able to d/l your phonebook via your google email.
    Thanked by:

Aren't the contacts in the Google cloud?

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Another good reason to use Google as your contact list. that way you have an automatic backup online
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010