Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Angry My Contacts List Wiped Out!!!!!

My contacts list just wiped out the other day..... I got a call from my wife, but it didn't show her name. I thought that was weird. Then I went to the contact list and saw that none of my numbers were there. It had managed to keep/sunc my facebook and email contacts, but none of my phone numbers. I though I was good because I had done a Lookout Backup about a week prior. I did a restore of my contacts list through that, but it didn't work.

Luckily for me, I thought that I still had my old Pre. I took it into the Sprint store to have them transfer my contacts to my Epic. They took 45 min to do it. When I came home, I saw that I still didn't have all of my numbers, my contacts had quite a few goof-ups with different FB pics and multiple entries for the same person, or even someone else's info under a different name.

Any clue as to what happened or how I can fix it????????

225 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I periodically do an export to SD card back up. You also may be able to d/l your phonebook via your google email.
    popper668 likes this.

Aren't the contacts in the Google cloud?

496 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    Froyo DK28

Another good reason to use Google as your contact list. that way you have an automatic backup online