Warranty my old phone.. anyone know how? Unethical I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
OK I have a BB tour that works good but looks beat up, and I would like to warranty it. So I can sell it and get the most money I can for it. I believe I am still under warranty. Anyone know any tricks for this unethical method. Water damage is a giveaway.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK I have a BB tour that works good but looks beat up, and I would like to warranty it. So I can sell it and get the most money I can for it. I believe I am still under warranty. Anyone know any tricks for this unethical method. Water damage is a giveaway.

You mean insure it? Because in your own post you say it's already under warranty.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Its not insurance fraud if I'm not filing an insurance claim. I am talking about the product warranty. every phone comes with one and its usually for 1 year. Insureance with sprint requires a 100 dollar deductable. Warranty has no deductable. Sure its wrong but not a jailable offense by anymeans.

infenit101

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just call customer service. Tell them you are having problems (touchscreen, keypad, anything)and they'll make an e-ticket. Go to the sprint store and tell them you need it replaced and to look up your eticket. As long as it's not water damaged and it looks decent they'll take it, especially if they've already done an e-ticket. I did this with my Hero when one store wouldn't take it back due to chipped paint. I called a rep up, he created an e-ticket, went to another store and got a new hero in 2 days, sold that for $227 and got an epic for $236. The rest is history.

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Its not insurance fraud if I'm not filing an insurance claim. I am talking about the product warranty. every phone comes with one and its usually for 1 year. Insureance with sprint requires a 100 dollar deductable. Warranty has no deductable. Sure its wrong but not a jailable offense by anymeans.

There's only a 100 deductible if it's a "your fault" sort of situation, like water damage or broken screen.

if it's something like a hardware failure it's replaced for free (at least thats how it was with my pre)

If you have the insurance, maybe you could do something with that? Maybe open it up and give it a little jolt of static electricity to any of the circuit boards you can see? If there's no apparent physical damage, or a known common hardware failure, you should be able to get it replaced free.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
this topic is as the OP stated "unethical" and illegal. insurance fraud is insurance fraud no matter how many different ways of saying it. please do not discuss ways to undermine companies and ask for ideas on how to go about it. if you didn't think this topic was wrong then i dont think you would have said "unethical method" and ask if there was a way you could "break it" and have it covered under warranty.

thread closed

Reactions: Mike77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol