I use my google voice number extensively and have set it up to show the actual number of the caller as caller-id on my forwarded phones. What I am curious is what is gonna happen when someone calls my google voice number from his/her mobile phone?? Of course, the call is gonna go to Google server/exchange first and google is going to forward that call to my Sprint phone. So would Sprint look at the caller id of the number and automatically determine it is a mobile-to-mobile call and not deduct the minutes OR they would know it is coming from Google's servers and deduct my minutes?? Essentially what I am asking is does Sprint use caller-id number to determine if a specific incoming call is mobile-to-mobile or they have other ways to know that caller id number is a mobile number but call is coming from elsewhere??

I just have 450 minutes and if even incoming google voice calls from mobile phones are going to be treated as landline calls at Sprint, then I better start giving out my Sprint number to people instead of GV number.
    10-14-2010 05:44 PM
    You can do 2 things.

- yes as long as it shows as mobile number you are good. as long as they are calling from mobile number.

- you can also email or call *2 customer service and see if you can get the add 3 numbers for unlimited calling and add your GV as a number.
    10-14-2010 05:50 PM
    Wait, I can get 3 numbers added to my account that are unlimited...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2010 06:15 PM
    So far all calls made too my phone from mobile numbers, and all calls made from my phone to mobile numbers have all been m2m and i use GV for everything.
    10-14-2010 07:52 PM
    I use gv in exactly this scenario and incoming calls from mobile numbers are treated as m2m. I also have the 3 numbers (not free but $5/mo) and gv is one of my numbers. That way I can use option 2 to make free calls.
    10-14-2010 11:28 PM
    So far all calls made too my phone from mobile numbers, and all calls made from my phone to mobile numbers have all been m2m and i use GV for everything.
    Really??? How are you getting the outgoing calls to mobile phones as m2m?? I thought gv was calling you back and connecting you when we use "call using google voice"...
    10-16-2010 04:43 AM
    Can't one just look at their bill and determine that? Keep track of a few calls made and received with your gv number (note date and time) and then cross reference on your bill? Seems simple to figure it out.
    10-16-2010 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD