Unwanted Apps on the Sprint Epic

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you remove any of the preloaded apps that come on the Sprint Epic? I can easily remove apps that I have installed but have yet to figure out how to removed the preloaded apps.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Your phone doesn't allow access to the folders where these apps are stored. That's where root access comes in - all "rooting" does is give you permission to go into and modify any folder or file, no matter where it's located.

root access + SDX Stock App Remover = no more bloatware

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
beware if you root and get rid of the apps you must reinstall them to update your phone using an official update when they roll out

For the last few updates a special install for modified phones has been created at XDA so you don't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything. That's how I installed the last update.

Reactions: popper668

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I will wait for 2.2 to come out for the epic. Then perhaps I will be able to get rid of them without rooting. From what I understand I will be able to move the apps to the sd card. If this is true then I should be able to put the sd card in my desk top card reader and delete the apps I want gone. Is this correct?

keekah

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I will wait for 2.2 to come out for the epic. Then perhaps I will be able to get rid of them without rooting. From what I understand I will be able to move the apps to the sd card. If this is true then I should be able to put the sd card in my desk top card reader and delete the apps I want gone. Is this correct?

I'm new here but this just doesn't seem likely. I just don't see sprint letting you delete their app. Just my thought.

-- Sent from my Palm Pr

Reactions: prdstm0nke

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I wish you were, but I don't think so. For an app to have the App 2 SD feature, the developer of the app must specifically add that feature to their app. Even now some apps still don't have that feature, and I highly doubt Sprint would add App 2 SD for any of their preinstalled apps, they have no reason to.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I've been told, the Froyo OS has the ability to load and move ALL the apps to the SD Card just like some of the memory managers do with unlocked phones. Now I am not positive about this but that is what I was told by a Sprint Rep I talked to on the phone last night.

If that is the case, I really don't think sprint will have a choice if this ability is built into the OS. The ability to move apps is one of the reasons so many are waiting for this update. Once the apps are moved to the sd card I see know reason why the pre installed software can't be removed.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
keith... if you look at the descriptions of some apps it specifically says that you can run from the SD card with froyo... which goes to follow that there are apps that you can't do that with. Sprint will never let you remove their apps without rooting. would be like an ad driven program giving you the option to remove ads without paying

shiny0torchic

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to break it to you Skunkape, but only about five percent of Sprint Employees actually know what the hell they're talking about. That guy THOUGHT he knew what he was talking about, *snort*, which is why you have to be careful when it comes to the information you get from a Sprint agent. You have to have enough knowledge when dealing with those people to know when they're blowing steam out of their ass and when they actually have a clue.
I work with people who actually know there stuff. You want the sprint programs gone? Root your phone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to break it to you Skunkape, but only about five percent of Sprint Employees actually know what the hell they're talking about. That guy THOUGHT he knew what he was talking about, *snort*, which is why you have to be careful when it comes to the information you get from a Sprint agent. You have to have enough knowledge when dealing with those people to know when they're blowing steam out of their ass and when they actually have a clue.
I work with people who actually know there stuff. You want the sprint programs gone? Root your phone.

Lol... Just to let you know this thread was dead on Oct. of 2010. I have long since figured this all out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084