Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.
02-22-2014 08:19 AM
- I am the owner of a Palm Pre HTC EVO and the Samsung Epic, I have the Palm and the EVO my wife has the Epic. She like the Epic for the keyboard and she says the display is better. I like the EVO because of screen size and I like HTC phones better than Samsung. However I cannot get rid of the Pre I have had it since the very first day. I have updated clocked and everything else to it. I know it has a small screen but I can not get rid of it. Each day I check for updates.10-20-2010 07:29 PM
- My name's Robbie. I switched from my Samsung Moment (first Android device) to this beastly thing. This is QUITE an upgrade over the latter. I have a FAR more superior battery, speedy system, and blahblah. The notification LED is nice too, and the screen is a very noticeable step up from the AMOLED Moment's.
I've been a part of this community for a while, and would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that helped me when I first started with my Moment, and a thanks in advance to those that could possibly end up helping me with my shiny new Epic . Thanks mods and admins for giving us such a great community!10-23-2010 08:01 PM
- Hey, what's up. So you probably already guessed that i am new, if not... i am sorry but you might be mentally unfit. Anyways, so i have been messing around with my new epic4g, you know the fun stuff; emulators, app, settings. So i thought i will give this place a go and see what's it about, and if it can be any use to me. By the way my real name is Zack.
Anyways, its nice to meet ya all and i hope we can chill in the future.
Peace10-25-2010 09:12 AM
- Just dumped my Pre last week. Still am missing gestures and navigating without so many darn taps and clicks... but the epic is a wonderful phone. Currently reading up on rooting so I can get some tether use. Still thinking I might wait til after Froyo becomes available before plunging. The pre spoiled me with the ease of using homebrew, especially govnah and overclocked kernels. It feels like rooting the epic will be a bit more work than that! A nod to the awesome community at precentral. I'm sure the group here is equally as helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks in advance!10-28-2010 05:20 PM
- Hey guys, so I just changed carriers to Sprint and picked up the Epic. I had the Hero through a local carrier that I couldnt root, so I am looking forward to being able to do that on this one.
Love the Android, I'm sure you guys will be more than willing to help with any questions.10-28-2010 06:14 PM
- Got rid of my Palm Pre a month ago, got this EPIC phone!!! Still a noob to this android stuff, how do you chance the icons, im not liking the childish layout (touchwiz?)
Any way, yesterday im at work taking an important phone call, and the light up button all the way to the left started tweaking out (MENU or OPTIONS?) , it kept popping up when i did not hit it. Called sprint and they said it might have been a defective phone... has this happened to any one else?10-28-2010 11:43 PM
- Hey guys I'm jbuggydroid and I've been in the android world since the release of the htc hero and I'm loving android!!!! Got an epic on the first day.also got my wife one too, it was her bday and first android phone. Needless to say android got me into checking out linux and open source.
Side note: for some reason my ip address for my phone got marked for spam making it so I can't comment anymore, don't know why and I did not spam at all, and was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.10-30-2010 02:34 AM
- I grabbed my Epic on Launch Day, and I joined here shortly after. I'm also switching over from a Pre. (May it rest in peace.) I loved and still love that little device.
The AC community is nice, and it is better than I had hoped. Since there is hardly any fragmentation on the Pre the community could be a little more tightnit, but I think we Epic users are on the right path!11-02-2010 01:07 AM
- So my name is Lauren, and the Epic is my 3rd Samsung device; though the first one running something besides WinCE/WinMO.
I'm actually pretty comfortable with it since I've been a Slackware user since 1995. I'm running rooted with DI18 firmware, waiting impatiently for Android 2.2 to release.
Aside from an issue with my first Epic (had it a day) rebooting every hour, I've been very happy with the phone. I deliberately waited for the Epic to release to upgrade to a 4g device based on my prior satisfaction with Samsung.
I rarely carry my laptop anymore when traveling, my Epic is setup with all my mail accounts, remote desktop support, wireless tether, ATK, and battery minder pro currently. Not running a custom kernel currently, though I may change that after 2.2 is out. Battery life is generally better than I expected, I'm averaging about 6 hours most of the time. Best I've done is about 22 hours, worst was 2 1/2 hours. Tethering 4g rocks, but is killer on the battery.11-02-2010 08:09 PM
- I'm Randy, and I bought my first Epic at the end of August. My wife was with me looking to maybe get the Intercept but liked the Epic too, so we both got one. It was our first Android. I had a Blackberry once (work supplied), so I liked the keyboard, but now I use Swype almost all the time...my wife still likes the physical keyboard. We both love the phone, though I've had once replacement and she has had 2 replacements (both of our first Epics 4G on stopped working and her replacement would not send or receive anything while roaming). I like this forum and usually check it every day.11-03-2010 01:21 PM
- Hey everybody!! I've been a 3 year iPhone user, but like an ***** I lost the damn thing last weekend. I'm buying an Epic this weekend ... will be my first Android experience.
I did jailbreak and hack quite a bit on my iPhone 3G, but I realize that Android is a very different beast. I have a lot to learn, and really look forward to tooling around with my device. If anyone can direct me to a a good intro thread for newbies to the platform like me, it would be much appreciated!11-03-2010 04:49 PM
- I have been a member of this forum for 10 minutes. Been lurking a while though.
I will have an Epic some time today when the UPS man gets here.
No Android experience at all though I am technologically inclined.
Lots to learn.
Currently have a Palm Treo Pro WinMo 6.1. Phone makes me crazy as it locks up on every website I go to.
Take care. I have a lot to learn.
Stephen11-04-2010 11:05 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD