Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Congratulations on your new phone I'm sure you'll make a smooth transition to the Epic - let us know if you need any help.

Hi

New to this forum. I like my Epic 4G but am having trouble getting some functions that were built in to MotoQ (I know old stuff:-)).

1. MotoQ used to have an obnoxious calendar notification that always made sure I paid attention and would only go away when I dismissed. This was fantastic. I cant seem to get that set up with Epic. I saw some discussion in the forums (fora?) about missing the "More" on the settings list and I don't have that "more" on my settings list either.

2. Using voice dialer with my bluetooth headset (Motoroal H721). When I just press the action button on my headset once nothing happens but when I hold it down it dials the last number. I dont get the voice asking whom I want to call.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help
    GB

Hi all,

Had my Epic for about a week now and I love it. I switched over from the Palm Pre for a while until HP gets around to releasing some decent hardware for webOS. Getting my feet wet with Android, very impressed so far. Haven't tried anything too daunting yet, installed a new launcher and disabled TouchWiz.. got some nice widgets from the market and set up some convenient homescreens

Anyone have any advice for an Android newb? I don't know if I'm going to try rooting or not, kinda nervous about it.

just got my Epic today... and I think that i got it rooted. Titainium Pro was able to install but i cant find a one click type button to backup everything all at once rather it makes me back up each item one by one. is that normal?

@bangera
    For #1, when you create an event in your Google calendar you can have an e-mail sent to you a specified amount of time before that event. Works pretty well for me.

@j_benj
    Take a look at this: Should I root my phone?

@dualcore1.5ghz
    When you're in Titanium Backup, press the menu button on your phone and tap "Batch" - there will be an option to backup all apps and data at once.

@all
    Welcome!

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Hi Epic-ers!
    I switched over to this beautiful phone on the day it came out and I have been enjoying it ever since. I hope you all do the same.

I just found this site and decided to join. So here I am

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Hi all,

Had my Epic for about a week now and I love it. I switched over from the Palm Pre for a while until HP gets around to releasing some decent hardware for webOS.
    I also came from a Sprint Pre(-), still have it. Gonna hang on to it and mess around with webOS 2.0. So Far I am pretty impressed with the EPIC, I find that Android is not as bad as the "other" guys seemed to make it out to be.

I feel that it may not be as intuitive as webOS, but it has all the same functions. Just a different learning curve to find out how to access and use them.
    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

ROM

Hello Left my palm pre for htc evo. Liked the evo but thought the epic currently has potenial. Waiting to root until 2.2 is available.

Welcome anubis I see you have a Dragon Ball Z theme listed in your profile - where did you get that? Sounds awesome!

Question Loving my Samsung Epic 4G???

I purchased the EPIC last Friday after being a blackberry and HTC person for years. I really like most of the features I know about; hoever, there is a huge learning curve with this phone. I have never really had a problem understanding how to operate a phone. THAT WAS BEFORE I PURCHASED THIS ONE!!!

With this phone, I am having major problems adding my corpoate email to my phone. It took me less than 2 minutes to add it with my Blackberry. I keep getting the message: Setup could not finish..unable to connect to the network..Will Outlook not work with this phone or amI doing something wrong?? Has anyone else had this problem??

Hey, just picked up an Epic today. Came from a pre (technically a pre plus that was hacked onto sprint).

Must say, WOW. Wish I hadn't waited so long....

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Welcome, Also came from a pre(-) on Sprint. I am hanging on to mine so I can mess around with webOS 2.0.
    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Hi I am TeckieGirl brand new to the android world...help me if you can and even follow me on twitter

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Hello all. I switched over from the palm pre and precentral about a week and a half ago. The transition was tough; and I did privately bash the Epic for the first few days. Now I'm all rooted up, and I understand the UI. Thank you forum! The Epic is truly Epic.

ROM

Hello Left my palm pre for htc evo. Liked the evo but thought the epic currently has little bit more potenial after used rooted evo. Waiting to root until 2.2 is available.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yellow new here I jumped ship from the pre and all I can say is WOW!! What an upgrade. Don't get me wrong I loved webos but nothing new coming out soon led me to the epic. very nice phone.I think I will be very happy with it. I have only had the epic for a day so still getting used to it but its not that hard to get around on android like some people led me to beleve. Well glad to be here.

Hi y'all,
    My name is bhall people call me 'B'. I'm new to the forums but not new to android. I first had the Evo for a while, then heard all the great things about the Epic. (And when froyo hits, it will be that much sweeter..lol) found a guy willing to trade his Epic for my Evo so I drove 2 hours and made the trade. Still not thinking twice about the decision.. but I'm just here to try to learn a bit more about the Epic, and keep track of what's going on in the Android world. I know a bit about android so if you need anything let me know.
    Thanks for letting me be here... ~B

Hello!

I upgraded (recently) to the Epic from the Palm Centro, which in turn was an upgrade from the Palm Treo 650. So far I'm extremely happy that I did. Looking forward to learning more about my new geniusphone.

ROM
    Bonsai4All 4.0.0

Hi, I'm Stephen. Just got the Sprint Epic 4G to replace an aging WinMo device, and so far loving it. Looking forward to becoming more of a poweruser with this OS as I was with the WinMo OS. Still just learning my way around slowly as I 1) don't want to brick it and 2) need it to stay stable...

Time to go find the Newbie How-To threads.

I am coming from a Sprint Palm Pre (-), and 4 other palm models before that. I have loved them from day one! I was sooo excited to see that the Palm Pre 2 was getting released. I could not wait until it was getting released! Then to find out that Sprint customers were getting the shaft twice..First with the Pre (+) and now with the Pre 2.
    Now I said what the heck and I bought the Samsung Epic 4G.
    WHAT THE HECK WAS I WAITING FOR?????
    It is absolutely amazing. Love every minute of it. I cannot put it down. I wake up in the middle of the night, I see the LED light blinking and cant wait to pick up the phone again. My wife still has her Pre (-) and was playing Angry Birds for 6 hours yesterday. The most aggravating 6 hours ever. By the way she has it on her pre, but she said mine is much better...i cant agree more. she had a question about the Pre that i owned from day one, and i picked it up to show her and I could not believe how awkward it was and how hard it is to get used to it again, even though I only owned the Epic for 4 days!
    AMAZING!!!

So Sprint isn't getting the Pre 2 huh? I hadn't heard.

Welcome to the Epic forum - I'm sure you'll feel right at home in no time!

Default Hello Droid World

So I have had iphones for the last few years. I've been jailbroken and I know the tricks of the trade with that device. My understanding is that Rooting is somewhat like it but not the same. I have the sprint epic 4g so what should I know Androidcentral?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Just bought my Epic today. Came from a Hero and I couldn't be happier. I was considering holding out for a 4 inch palm device but just couldn't wait any longer. The Hero was laggy and just not performing as good as I thought it should be. The 1Ghz processor in the Epic just makes the device sing.

Quote Originally Posted by kyiledroid View Post
    So I have had iphones for the last few years. I've been jailbroken and I know the tricks of the trade with that device. My understanding is that Rooting is somewhat like it but not the same. I have the sprint epic 4g so what should I know Androidcentral?
    Check this out: www.androidcentral.com/root

Quote Originally Posted by gbonham View Post
    Just bought my Epic today. Came from a Hero and I couldn't be happier. I was considering holding out for a 4 inch palm device but just couldn't wait any longer. The Hero was laggy and just not performing as good as I thought it should be. The 1Ghz processor in the Epic just makes the device sing.
    I would have gotten a Hero if my upgrade date was earlier - good thing Sprint made me wait so I could get the Epic!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast