Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

supercluver

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just picked up an Epic today. Came from a pre (technically a pre plus that was hacked onto sprint).

Must say, WOW. Wish I hadn't waited so long....

Sensai28

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I switched over from the palm pre and precentral about a week and a half ago. The transition was tough; and I did privately bash the Epic for the first few days. Now I'm all rooted up, and I understand the UI. Thank you forum! The Epic is truly Epic.

anubis6970

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello Left my palm pre for htc evo. Liked the evo but thought the epic currently has little bit more potenial after used rooted evo. Waiting to root until 2.2 is availabl:cool:e.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Yellow new here I jumped ship from the pre and all I can say is WOW!! What an upgrade. Don't get me wrong I loved webos but nothing new coming out soon led me to the epic. very nice phone.I think I will be very happy with it. I have only had the epic for a day so still getting used to it but its not that hard to get around on android like some people led me to beleve. Well glad to be here.

bahall

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi y'all,
My name is bhall people call me 'B'. I'm new to the forums but not new to android. I first had the Evo for a while, then heard all the great things about the Epic. (And when froyo hits, it will be that much sweeter..lol) found a guy willing to trade his Epic for my Evo so I drove 2 hours and made the trade. Still not thinking twice about the decision.. but I'm just here to try to learn a bit more about the Epic, and keep track of what's going on in the Android world. I know a bit about android so if you need anything let me know.
Thanks for letting me be here... ~B

brandeks

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

I upgraded (recently) to the Epic from the Palm Centro, which in turn was an upgrade from the Palm Treo 650. So far I'm extremely happy that I did. Looking forward to learning more about my new geniusphone.

r0ckrat

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm Stephen. Just got the Sprint Epic 4G to replace an aging WinMo device, and so far loving it. Looking forward to becoming more of a poweruser with this OS as I was with the WinMo OS. Still just learning my way around slowly as I 1) don't want to brick it and 2) need it to stay stable...
:)

Time to go find the Newbie How-To threads.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a Sprint Palm Pre (-), and 4 other palm models before that. I have loved them from day one! I was sooo excited to see that the Palm Pre 2 was getting released. I could not wait until it was getting released! Then to find out that Sprint customers were getting the shaft twice..First with the Pre (+) and now with the Pre 2.
Now I said what the heck and I bought the Samsung Epic 4G.
WHAT THE HECK WAS I WAITING FOR?????
It is absolutely amazing. Love every minute of it. I cannot put it down. I wake up in the middle of the night, I see the LED light blinking and cant wait to pick up the phone again. My wife still has her Pre (-) and was playing Angry Birds for 6 hours yesterday. The most aggravating 6 hours ever. By the way she has it on her pre, but she said mine is much better...i cant agree more. she had a question about the Pre that i owned from day one, and i picked it up to show her and I could not believe how awkward it was and how hard it is to get used to it again, even though I only owned the Epic for 4 days!
AMAZING!!!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So Sprint isn't getting the Pre 2 huh? I hadn't heard.

Welcome to the Epic forum - I'm sure you'll feel right at home in no time!

kyiledroid

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello Droid World

So I have had iphones for the last few years. I've been jailbroken and I know the tricks of the trade with that device. My understanding is that Rooting is somewhat like it but not the same. I have the sprint epic 4g so what should I know Androidcentral?

gbonham

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my Epic today. Came from a Hero and I couldn't be happier. I was considering holding out for a 4 inch palm device but just couldn't wait any longer. The Hero was laggy and just not performing as good as I thought it should be. The 1Ghz processor in the Epic just makes the device sing.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I have had iphones for the last few years. I've been jailbroken and I know the tricks of the trade with that device. My understanding is that Rooting is somewhat like it but not the same. I have the sprint epic 4g so what should I know Androidcentral?

Check this out: www.androidcentral.com/root

Just bought my Epic today. Came from a Hero and I couldn't be happier. I was considering holding out for a 4 inch palm device but just couldn't wait any longer. The Hero was laggy and just not performing as good as I thought it should be. The 1Ghz processor in the Epic just makes the device sing.

I would have gotten a Hero if my upgrade date was earlier - good thing Sprint made me wait so I could get the Epic!

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I sure wish HP would license WebOS to Samsung! When enough people buy HP WebOS phones to attract the big medical software companies to that platform, then I'll jump back to it. WebOS is way nicer to use than this hodgepodge. But without the medical and nice utility apps, WebOS just isn't useful enough for me. Sigh...

janrif

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Switched over from palm pre & am loving it. Question:

on PC, there is task manager to switch between open apps. Every once in a while this pops up on my screen but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to cause it.

Can anyone help me w this?

j_benj#AC

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
on PC, there is task manager to switch between open apps. Every once in a while this pops up on my screen but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to cause it.

If you tap-hold your home key, it will pop up a box with the last 6 apps you opened and a button for a full task manager (on the Epic at least).

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I did it i love my palm pre plus on sprint (i did the sprint plus mod) I was in dire need of a new phone some one at work spilled Oil all over my pre its no longer working this was transformer oil and it just ate every thing up... So i went to worst buy and bought it... Over all its a great phone and the OS is not to bead took me 5 min to root it and install a couple apps I had on the pre that i did not have on the android with out root. a tethering app an add blocker couple other things...

I know what your going to say that i need to support the dev's for there work Well i did with my pre i paid for the same apps I have installed... They were paid apps on pre but free on android but with adds i have paid for them so i dont feel bad :)

I know this is long... Sorry... Just wanted to voice my opinion :) Or i guess type it lol Thing i most miss is the fluids of WebOS the swipe to delete just type search GOD I DO MISS THAT maybe i will write an app for that i dont know... But ya here i am on my first android device... I also miss the easy theme set up for WebOS WebOS quickinstall preware and the people over at pre central are great lets hope its the same here....

davez57

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a new Epic 4G owner today. I upgraded from a Sprint Palm Pre. Loved the Pre but it was time to move on. I'm looking forward to learning android and all that this new toy can do.

Edit: Had to return the Epic. It got such poor reception at my house that it was not usable. Giving the Evo a try and it seems to be working well so far. So, I'll be in the Evo forums.

Last edited: