Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock so far

I sure wish HP would license WebOS to Samsung! When enough people buy HP WebOS phones to attract the big medical software companies to that platform, then I'll jump back to it. WebOS is way nicer to use than this hodgepodge. But without the medical and nice utility apps, WebOS just isn't useful enough for me. Sigh...

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Switched over from palm pre & am loving it. Question:

on PC, there is task manager to switch between open apps. Every once in a while this pops up on my screen but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to cause it.

Can anyone help me w this?

on PC, there is task manager to switch between open apps. Every once in a while this pops up on my screen but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to cause it.
    If you tap-hold your home key, it will pop up a box with the last 6 apps you opened and a button for a full task manager (on the Epic at least).

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Ok so I did it i love my palm pre plus on sprint (i did the sprint plus mod) I was in dire need of a new phone some one at work spilled Oil all over my pre its no longer working this was transformer oil and it just ate every thing up... So i went to worst buy and bought it... Over all its a great phone and the OS is not to bead took me 5 min to root it and install a couple apps I had on the pre that i did not have on the android with out root. a tethering app an add blocker couple other things...

I know what your going to say that i need to support the dev's for there work Well i did with my pre i paid for the same apps I have installed... They were paid apps on pre but free on android but with adds i have paid for them so i dont feel bad

I know this is long... Sorry... Just wanted to voice my opinion Or i guess type it lol Thing i most miss is the fluids of WebOS the swipe to delete just type search GOD I DO MISS THAT maybe i will write an app for that i dont know... But ya here i am on my first android device... I also miss the easy theme set up for WebOS WebOS quickinstall preware and the people over at pre central are great lets hope its the same here....

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a new Epic 4G owner today. I upgraded from a Sprint Palm Pre. Loved the Pre but it was time to move on. I'm looking forward to learning android and all that this new toy can do.

Edit: Had to return the Epic. It got such poor reception at my house that it was not usable. Giving the Evo a try and it seems to be working well so far. So, I'll be in the Evo forums.
    Last edited by davez57; 12-04-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Wow, a lot of Palm converts! Welcome everybody

Hello everybody need some help trying to root phone but unable anybody got answers?

Welcome J_rodiHX M! This thread should have everything you're looking for. If you have any questions, feel free to post in that thread and we'll be glad to help

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Hello all, just jumped on the Android ship from the Palm Pre. I've debated with myself for the longest time as to whether I wanted to get the Epic or not. My girlfriend probably got tired of hearing me debating all the time about it. Lol... But I finally did it. And at a good time too because I got it for $179.99 at RadioShack. I'm going to be browsing the forums and A/C site. But feel free to mention any recommended apps and tips. There are sooo many apps to choose from! I'm not used to this coming from the Pre!

Edit: And yes, it's rooted.

Welcome to the forum! The best place to start is probably here.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Another Palm Convert

Greetings,

I'm yet another convert from the Palm Pre. I've had my Epic for a couple of weeks now, and LOVE it!

Welcome jalanaco! You will find many Pre converts here Hope you're enjoying your phone, and be sure to ask if you have any questions!

Well I must apologize, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm another converted BlackBerry user now rockin an Samsung Epic 4G. And when I say rockin, I mean this phone kicks ALL form of ***, including hyena. The keyboard is taking a little while to get used to, but thats no surprise considering how long I used BlackBerry. Love the phone, love the OS. Not sure yet if I'm going to root the phone yet. I don't really understand what all the hubbub is about rooting. Anyways, hello AndroidCentral!!!

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

also jumped from palm pre and couldn't be happier. Anyone know a widget tht will allow the Epic to stay on while charging?

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hughesSMFD View Post
    Well I must apologize, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm another converted BlackBerry user now rockin an Samsung Epic 4G. And when I say rockin, I mean this phone kicks ALL form of ***, including hyena. The keyboard is taking a little while to get used to, but thats no surprise considering how long I used BlackBerry. Love the phone, love the OS. Not sure yet if I'm going to root the phone yet. I don't really understand what all the hubbub is about rooting. Anyways, hello AndroidCentral!!!
    I know! I'm LOVING this phone! If I had known it would have been this good, I would've switched sooner! Well, probably not as I would've had to pay full price for the phone. But yeah, rooting opens up a whole lot of options. I rooted mine the day after I got it. Haven't done much else to it, but one benefit of rooting is that you can remove or "freeze" (with Titanium Backup Pro) all of those crap apps that you know you'll never use. I personally removed that ridiculous Sprint NASCAR and Sprint Football. I HATE NASCAR, and I'm not the biggest fan of football either. There are some other apps that I want to freeze, or move to my SD card to make some more room. I can't stand useless clutter. But I'm still a n00b, so I'll be exploring more options along the way.

And gswesq, I must say, I was loving WebOS, but this Epic 4g has SO many bells and whistles. I thought it was going to be too big for my tastes, and while it is bigger, it's nice having a larger screen. On the Palm Pre, I was always tapping the wrong stuff because of the cramped screen. Not to mention a highly reliable virtual keyboard with swype which makes quick texting a breeze without having to use the physical keyboard. Still getting used to all the options of this amazing smartphone!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

hello, I just got the epic yesterday. I came over from Blackberry tour.

Welcome juned99! I also came from a Blackberry Tour. You will soon see how much more you can do with the Epic - let us know if you have any questions

Hey, All. First time, long time. I jumped ship from VZW earlier this year after upgrading from a dumb phone to an HTC Incredible. Went through 3 Incredibles within my 30 day buyers remorse period (reboot...reboot...reboot...all day long.) But even with all the hardware problems I knew I had to have an Android device - And this from an Apple fanboy (been using Apple products for the past fifteen years!) So when I saw the Epic was due for release I preordered on the spot. I've been using it since launch day and have never looked back. I love this phone.

Still running the stock launcher even though I put Froyo on it last week but I have Launcher Pro sitting there, begging to be used.

I decided to stop lurking and start posting because I REALLY want to tinker with this phone. To make it my own. And what better place to find tips and tricks than with all of you fine folks here at Android Central.

Cheers!

Hi broken! You've definitely come to the right place if phone tweaking is your game - I image I'll see a lot of you over in ROMs/Hacks

Ha ha! I've been spending lots of time there already. Finally decided it was time to actually say something and thank those that have made my life easier with their insight and know-how.

hello everyone,

i am matty mo, i have came from many sprint phones from the original dumb phones, to the blackberries, then to the pres, then to the evo. within the original 30 days of purchase of the evo, i knew that i was missing something ever since i saw the epic screen in the store. i tried the evo out for 28 days and still couldnt get the epic out of my mind. so i went back and got the epic, i love the phone and dont regret a thing.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Hey hey. Just got the epic today thanks to Best Buy Black tie protection from palm pre. It took 30 days but I'm here. R.I.P. Pre (November 2009 - December 2010)

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Hey guys
    greetings from India
    I'm Aruj Ali
    I purchased the epic yesterday!!
    cheers

hi, i've had my epic since launch but just now deciding to report in i guess.. quick question is anyone esle having issues with the leaked froyo update. (i cant get it to root for anything)

Welcome everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by zjorda42 View Post
    hi, i've had my epic since launch but just now deciding to report in i guess.. quick question is anyone esle having issues with the leaked froyo update. (i cant get it to root for anything)
    Take a look at this thread.
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast