Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Pre to Epic...

Dee here and recently got the Epic (1st Android); LOVE IT!!!! Just a bit disappointed in the wallpaper/background deal. Other than that... I should've made the switch sooner and left the hesitation behind!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Hello all. I've had my Epic since the beginning of Dec. It was an upgrade from the piece of crap Moment (worse phone ever, I had 7 of them). Looking forward to all the phone things this phone can do.

Hi everyone!!! I just got my Epic and also it's my first Android phone. Was a gunghoe Pre WebOS fanatic until they announced no more OTA updates to the older Pres and Sprint was hemming and hawing about whether they would have an upgrade path or not. So here I am and WOW!, wish I had bought one of these earlier. Looking forward to exploring the Android environment and joining in on the discussions.

Mayo

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Just dropped my Pre for my First Android. I pick it up today. I just hope I made the right choice!!!

Welcome to all the recent new Epic visitors. Feel free to look around, ask questions and check out all the different sections available not just here in the Epic 4g section but also around the general topics and other areas.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Rooted

Default Pre to Epic

Looks like there are a few Pre to Epic folks around here! I've been a long-time Palm user (my first device was an IBM Workpad. First phone a Treo 300) but turned in my Pre for the Epic. I've already learned quite a lot by browsing around these parts, including how to restart a hung-up device back out-of-the-box condition. My wife got one as well so we're a two Epic family!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I also just upgraded from a Pre (minus) just a couple days ago after finally getting fed up with waiting on HP updates. I was a Pre "power user" and really thought I'd miss webos.
    But, as it sounds like many of you have found out, I've found I was SO misinformed as the Epic is so much more powerful and usable than my Pre -- and without even needing to root! And the better apps --wow. I sure wish I had made the switch sooner.

Hey guys and gals....|dgeezy| here. Looking forward 2 being a member.

Default Hello Epic Users

Neil here been reading post for the Froyo release so just a quick note. Been a blackberry user 8350i from Nextel and decided to make the jump over to the sprint network. So big change in the speed and functionality of these phones. Got the Epic end of January.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Just joined the forum a few days ago and have been in lurk mode until now. I'm a Pre/webOS refugee who got tired of waiting for landscaped email, voice-activated dialing, bar-code scanning. You know, all the usual stuff.

I do miss the Pre's touchstone, but other than that, I'm glad I made the switch.

-Brian in Ann Arbor

Over to the Epic from a Pre. WOW what a display!

I'll miss webOS, and perhaps someday will move back when/if the hardware catches the software. One thing I miss already is the "cards" multitasking. I've already lost data from the memo app because I switched to another task before I saved. Joy's of learning android.

See ya around the boards!

Hello Im fresh here. Just wanting to drop a friendly greeting to everyone.

ROM
    SyndicateROM 1.0

Hi All-

I've had an Epic since October and have been a spectator here from time to time. I finally signed up when I updated to Froyo tonight. Great to meet everyone!

ROM
    EI22, Nubernel+ 2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by Schubatis1 View Post
    Hi All-

I've had an Epic since October and have been a spectator here from time to time. I finally signed up when I updated to Froyo tonight. Great to meet everyone!
    Me too for everything, except had mine since September.

hey everybody, ill be getting my epic 4g soon cant wait

got my Epic last week, was using the Blackberry Curve before. I'm beyond happy to finally have a smartphone.

Whats going on everybody here i been apart of the site for a while just hadnt been on in a while couldnt remember my other name. so i had to do a new account. but i have a epic 4g as well as evo 4g love both of my phones. glad to be apart of the epic forums. i

What up folks? I've been lurking on this site for quite sometime (checking on ya'll because I had a Pre and didn't know if I would switch). I got my Epic in November, and manually installed 2.2... I've been pretty satisfied with it thus far (having minimal issues with froyo). Glad to be here...

Hello Droid Community!

I'm Koppa; fairly new to Android phones, since November 2010.
    Joined today! yep after I experienced a couple of hiccups with the new Froyo push had it 2 days now. Lost a couple of apps one being Killer Ap and voice data for synthesis that anounces my incoming calls by name. Miss that feature sob!. On the other hand downloaded SKYPE and re-downloaded Killer Ap

was a former Palm Treo girl and had the new Blackberry Style for a couple weeks but took it back and sprung for the Samsung Epic 4G and love, love, love it. Listen, if anyone would have told me that you could fall in love with a phone I would have asked are you crazy??...er now I know!! lol
    Last edited by Koppa; 02-25-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: add info

Default Getting Epic tomorrow...

I am palm user for 10 years and switching from the pre - got an evo shift 2 weeks ago but screen is too small - torn between the evo and epic but leaning towards the epic. I really want 2.2, it seems to work ok from a hard reset, and since i am getting a new phone that should be easy to do. I am new to android and only moderately techie/geeky but my understanding is although the OTA update is not available, updating to froyo is pretty simple. i have already downloaded the upgrade eb13 tool exe - am i correct in this? thanks for any help!

Hi all,

My family and I just switched to Sprint last week from Verizon. My wife and I got Epics and my children got Transforms. These are our first smartphones. I've already rooted my phone and I am pouring over the forums trying to learn as much as I can.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Great resource!

I've had my Epic since its launch, replaced an Evo due to the Epic's keyboard - which I rarely use now since I've mostly mastered the onscreen keyboard using Swiftkey.

It's great to have a wonderful resource here dedicated to the Epic - thanks to all who provide this forum and all the terrific contributors!

In light of the failed Froyo update, have given some thought to switching back to the Evo because of its more timely updates and update flexibility. Ergonomically, I prefer the Epic, I have a nice rubberized case on it and it fits my smallish hands better than the somewhat larger, thinner Evo did, even though the Epic is definitely heavier with the keyboard.

I had the opportunity to try out a friend's Droid Incredible (Verizon) the other day and was blown away by how light it was, and its Froyo implementation was excellent. Still, I like my Epic, even though it's a tank in an increasingly Prius phone world.

I rooted my Epic for the first time shortly after doing a manual Froyo EB13 update, but had the camera Sports scene problem and some other minor glitches, so I Odin'd the phone back to stock and will wait for the hopefully corrected official Froyo update. Am looking forward to rooting again and trying Paul's Ace ROM, looks like a real winner, thanks Paul!

Even though I like my Epic, this is probably my first and last Samsung phone, due to its lack of timeliness and reliability in releasing updates. HTC seems much better in this regard and if most of us are here to dabble with the Android "innards" of our phones, it makes more sense to have one that offers real flexibility in this regard. It's just not right for a major phone manufacturer to be so behind the curve in releasing updates, and when they finally do, the update isn't ready for prime time. It seems Samsung would rather sell you a new flashy phone than support the past ones it has made.

Anyway, enough of the rant. I'm glad to be here, and look forward to sharing and reading Epic experiences!
    Last edited by gondo; 02-27-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Hey everybody!

I got my Epic 4G in December last year, and finally rooted it last week. Got a feeling this site is going to be one of my favorite for a while...

Default Hello Everyone...

What's going on everyone...

I installed the 2.2 update manually from the Samsung website and rooted my phone using Z4Root.

I have a question...

I had the Optimus b4 I had this epic. One of the features that I really enjoyed on my Optimus that's not on the epic is a feature in which I have the phone hooked up to my Aux jack in the car so I can play my music and if a call was coming in I can answer it through my Bluetooth headset while the phone paused the music with no issues. With the Epic...I have to unplug the Aux jack for the call to go through the Bluetooth headset correctly, if not, it goes through the speakers which in turn creates a bad echo for the person calling on the other end.

Anybody else have this issue?

Hi everyone. I'm a former staunch Sprint Pre minus user, coming from Precentral. I still pick the old phone up from time to time, but my Epic makes me almost miss cards. It sure makes my iPhone buddies jealous which is enough for me. I'm a video editor in New York City and the fact that I can go to an e-mail I sent my boss with the latest cut attached and download it over 4G and show it to my buddies on the phone is amazing. Now there's no more "what exactly is it that you do?" I can show them exactly what I'm working on in a matter of minutes.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast