Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Smile Newbie with questions

I'm a long time Palm user...but giving up on the Pre and just bought the Epic on Friday! I love the screen and keyboard. I had the store update the phone so I don't have any experience to know if these few issues I am having are a result of the update or existed before:

1. Unable to sync my multiple calendars from my Google Account. The Pre let you sync the multiple calendars with the different colors. I could only get one main calendar to sync.

2. Transfer old data. Only a few weeks of data before the date of the sync transferred. The Pre had size limitations on the initial sync so only about 90 days of old data transferred...the Epic seems to have even smaller limitations.

3. Voice Dialer--doesn't work at all. When I click the app it can't hear my voice? The Voice Search function does work so it isn't the phone mic.

4. Read there was a patch available for the update but only in stores...any information about that?

Thanks for your welcoming help.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years (through thick and thin).

I switched to an Epic from the Hero (my first Android phone). I have since learned my lesson. Never, ever buy an underpowered smartphone.

I rooted my Hero but haven't yet rooted my Epic. Not sure I really need to at this point.

hi! i just upgraded from a htc touch pro 2 to the epic and i'm furious that i didn't have an android phone sooner. i absolutely love it. i rooted it last week and i'm trying to find the perfect ROM to fit my needs

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Hello all,
    Just joined the Epic club last night by picking one up through Craigslist.

I'm coming from a TP2 and feel a littler overwhelmed. Next thread to read is rooting!

Default New to the site.

Hello all,

I purchased an Epic in Jan 2010, and I do like the phone very much. I have root access to it and have wifi tethering working for the laptop; however I would like to have it work for the Nintendo DS systems. I have been unsuccessful in installing the Clockworks Mod(any version), so this is frustrating as I want to try different ROMs and kernels until I find one I like. I have upgraded to froyo 2.2 and it works okay. I do not like the inverted screen that appears, or the massive battery drain. Any help in getting CWM working properly would be greatly appreciated. I have ODIN and can flash back to stock (D17eclair) and adb shell access available to the phone.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM9 RC1/Stock

Default Another Ex-Pre User

Hello - Long time Palm Pre user who decided to switch to Epic after Palm/HP stated no more software upgrades for us. Got the Epic yesterday and can't wait to root it and begin tinkering. Did a lot of reading of this forum before I pulled the trigger so thanks to everyone's insight and opinion on this phone.

Hello All. I've been over on the SDX developers site since getting a Samsung moment a bit over a year ago. I just recently got the Epic and have been playing with that for about two weeks now. I don't have much to contribute besides solid feedback on the things I try. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to do my own development, but I'm constantly trying new kernals, and apps, etc. so I'll provide plenty of feedback...and even more questions.

Right now I'm just running stock Froyo that I got from the sprint website before it was pulled (which I actually did not know happened until today) but I may be rooting it this week just to kill a few stock apps.

Hi, I joined just a few days ago after upgrading to the Epic 4G. This site is awesome and full of very informative information.

Newbie here. Recently got an Epic, my first ever smartphone. So this is all culture shock for me and I'll be lurking and asking questions!

Hi, got my epic a week after it came out and didnt really bother about updates and all that techie stuff...but now it seems like I am the only one left with eclair. So I finally decided to check things out here and it looks like alot of people are genuine and are willing to help!

Default Hello!

This is the first phone I really liked. I usually find 20 things I hate about a phone by the third day of ownership. No so with the Epic. Now that I have hacked the phone, I can't believe that this thing can do what it does. I generally don't care for phones very well, but I find myself babying this thing because I really do love the device.

Performance is more than double that of stock 2.2, and close to 4x faster than 2.1 stock. Has become a totally lag-free experience. The browser is faster than my wife laptop!

Went from quadrant 670 on 2.1 --> 1050 2.2 --> 2400+ hacked ([ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.0.0 (Madhouse) :: EXT4)
    Attachment 7419

Attachment 7420

Carrier
    NuSense ICS

wowww. so i've been a member of this forum for like 2 months now. dont think i ever posted on here- so here i go.

ive been with sprint and android since the day the Moment came out (POS!!). LOVE my epic. HATE the carrier. but thanks to the folks on here and over on XDA, my Epic can actually live up to its name. (and now I can do my own theming to really make it MY phone). great community of android lovers on here. Really helpful crowd. glad to be a part.

New Android user here. Used Crackberrys for a while and switched to iPhones at 3GS and had an iPhone 4 which was an ok phone, not stellar but pretty decent. Tired of AT&T, I took a chance and jumped over to Sprint with a Samsung Epic 4G. Trying to learn as much as I can. Trying to find a good primer/guide on rooting and using other ROMs and such.

Love the screen and the phone appears solid. Still tracking down information on things I DON'T like. (Such as no titles for videos and I have 100+ as I use firefox to rip vids from youtube, convert, and then keep on SD card.)

Happy to be here. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    New Android user here. Used Crackberrys for a while and switched to iPhones at 3GS and had an iPhone 4 which was an ok phone, not stellar but pretty decent. Tired of AT&T, I took a chance and jumped over to Sprint with a Samsung Epic 4G. Trying to learn as much as I can. Trying to find a good primer/guide on rooting and using other ROMs and such.

Love the screen and the phone appears solid. Still tracking down information on things I DON'T like. (Such as no titles for videos and I have 100+ as I use firefox to rip vids from youtube, convert, and then keep on SD card.)

Happy to be here. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
    Epic 4G Android Development - xda-developers
    More reading
    cubetop likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Hello all just came over from my Palm Pre. I love WEBOS so this is going to be different but loving the EPIC so far.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Hello all: Name's Matt. Long time smartphone owner. I have worked for all 4 carriers and presently am the Managing Partner/Owner of the Quotients Group. I provide wireless sales and service, IT Equipment Sales and Support. I've been around the Smartphone Experts forums for a while. Glad to be a part of the group and happy to help in any way I can.

Hey, been a member since I got my Epic back in September, but never got around to cruising the forums.

Been part of the whole phone site deal since way back. Loved crackberry when I had my Curve 8330, Tour and precentral with my 3 month affair with the Pre. Now I wanna get my feet wet here and make the most of my Epic here.

new here just stopn in to say i moved from the pre to the epic 4g lovin it so far

Default Hi to all

I'm new to AC & posting but I've been lurking out there & sponging some of the great advice & info from these forums. Got my Epic on day 1 (Aug. 30th or 31st 2010) & love the phone (w/ some issues); prev had Samsung i330 (Palm OS; from 6 or 7 yrs back! A great phone but now obsolete). Thanks to all who post info here.

Howdy everyone,
    This is my smartphone but I have been reading a bit on the site for awhile. I took the plunge a month ago and after waiting for Sprint to update to 2.2 I want to learn more and take some control. I also still can't figure out how to turn off notifications on the status for voicemail once Sprint sent me a mandatory update...lol..i had the option before but now that I have there update its gone unless its seriosly hidden...lol...so I am reading constantly trying to find out how to take back control of my phone...

Greetings. Got my Epic a week ago and love it. Has everything that I want and more then I need. Great phone and with all the info here will be able to get even more out of my phone.

Love my Epic. I've bricked it twice now (lol!) but so far learning a ton and really enjoying unlocking it's true potential.

hi everyone! :]

i LOVE my android phone!!!

i got my epic a few months ago and just got the froyo update other the air the other day! :]

can't wait to learn all the neat things i can do with this thing! besides play my games and "regular" phone stuff! lol

Hey everyone, my name is Brian. I've been a member for almost 8 weeks now, but I've mostly been lurking. I got my Epic back in October and it was technically my second smartphone. My first was the Vibrant on T-Mobile in early October, but after some network catastrophes my wife and I returned those suckers after about two weeks. I talked her into going to Sprint which was my carrier of choice for 10 years before we combined our contracts on T-Mobile. I'm still pretty much a smartphone neophyte, but I'm learning more and more each day by surfing these forums. I think I may eventually get brave enough to root my phone!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Carrier
    SyndicateFrozenROM 1.1.1

Cool First post

First post (takes a bow).

Currently updating from Froyo EB13 to Froyo EC05, over the air. Will post results in the related OTA thread.

Great phone!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast