Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Samsung Media Hub Question

I have downloaded several movies to my phone one of them I rented for 1.99 and the other I bought for 11.99. Both of the movies worked flawlessly on my Epic. The video quality rivals my HD only smaller.

The movie I rented of course is gone now but the movie I bought is still there to be played again. I have copied the movie files for the movie I bought to my desktop computer but can't seem to find a player or converter that handles the .pyv file extension so I can play the movie on my computers bigger screen.

If anyone knows how to do this any help would be appreciated.

I feel that If I bought this movie I should be able to play it on my computer.

From the little I can dig up, it seems PYV is a Microsoft PlayReady file, which used their version of DRM. The only thing I can find that says it plays PYV files is Microsoft Silverlight player.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Retired Ambassador

Thanks... I will look for that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Did it work or did u try googleing a convertor?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Samsung Media Hub Question

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I have downloaded several movies to my phone one of them I rented for 1.99 and the other I bought for 11.99. Both of the movies worked flawlessly on my Epic. The video quality rivals my HD only smaller.

The movie I rented of course is gone now but the movie I bought is still there to be played again. I have copied the movie files for the movie I bought to my desktop computer but can't seem to find a player or converter that handles the .pyv file extension so I can play the movie on my computers bigger screen.

If anyone knows how to do this any help would be appreciated.

I feel that If I bought this movie I should be able to play it on my computer.

How did you transfer the movies from your cell to your computer?