Which keyboard do you use most?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I chose this phone over the EVO due to the screen more than anything else. I know some people chose it because of the hardware keyboard which is something else that I did like about the Epic as well.

I am just curious for Epic users, do you use the Hardware or the touchscreen keyboard more often?

I personally have noticed that despite the fact that I thought I would use the hardware more, I have actually used the touchscreen quite a bit more. I think the only times I have used the hardware is when I have put in wireless security codes.

gmazz

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
For texting or email pretty much always hardware keyboard. I find when entering info for the internet I use the virtual. I do love Swype though
!

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Used the physical keyboard mostly at first, then I got used to swype. Now I can't stop using it. I only use the keyboard when i'm playing roms now.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Used the physical keyboard mostly at first, then I got used to swype. Now I can't stop using it. I only use the keyboard when i'm playing roms now.
similar boat. was sure I woudl need hardware keyboard all the time, now I rarely use it. when I do use it it is because I need it editing a document, but I never use it for answers to emails or tests. Same think for my wife. My 16 year old who came from rumor and insisted on hardware keyboard, now never, ever uses the slide out keyboard!

If evo had amoled, knowing what I now now I woudl go with evo. If there were two identical epis, but one had no keyboard and was 20% less bulky and less weight I would pick the version without the keyboard.

PoundSand

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I use swype the most, but bust out the slider for longer emails, online forum posts, or a terminal app.

That said, the same keyboard on a evo (which I also have) would get a lot more use, as the touchscreen keyboard on the evo is not nearly as slick as swype.

stovetop

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I do not like swype at all. I use smart keyboard pro 80% of the time. Physical keyboard 20% of the time. Smart keyboard pro is a great keyboard. Very customizable and well laid out. Best of any by far in my opinion. Also suggests words when using the physical keyboard. Very nice.

dockramer

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Swype. I switched from a Blackberry and thought I would never adjust to a virtual keyboard.
If you haven't used it, spend a little time practicing and going through their tutorials. I doubt you will switch back after using it for a week or so.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I too use Swype more than anything else. It really was just a curiosity as to what people used since some people said they got this phone specifically because it has a hardware keyboard.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I do not like swype at all. I use smart keyboard pro 80% of the time. Physical keyboard 20% of the time. Smart keyboard pro is a great keyboard. Very customizable and well laid out. Best of any by far in my opinion. Also suggests words when using the physical keyboard. Very nice.
+1 for Smart Keyboard Pro! Well worth the ~$2.50. Especially love the AutoText feature.

I really only use the hardware keyboard if I need the screen real estate or if I'm using something like ConnectBot, where I need to be dead-on with each key press.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The hardware keyboard on the epic blows that's why no one uses it. It is just to big and spread apart. Easier to type on the screen than that thing. I really cannot stand swype so I always use the android keyboard.