K9 mail client near perfect

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I love the update to K9 email client. now that I can turn off LED notification when I get emails its just awesome. seems to run smoother and faster too and more preference options.

I say near perfect because I just don't know if there is still room to grow.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
It could look as slick and polished as webOS, the iOS and Sense. Like it, but it just feels clunky. And I wish I could stop having the first sentence of the body shown in list view. Makes my emal list look too busy. I like the sender and subject, but there's no option for that. Don't think I could make the text black or white like the background.

It syncs much better and cleaner than it used to. For me, being able to move my mail around in folders is key including reporting spam.

I'm playing around with the maildroid beta. Developer is making nice strides too, especialy since he's a one man show.

It is a shame though we even need a replacement core app for basic email functionality. Don't think froyo improves on web based mail at all yet gmail gets a major update and exchange functionality improves. If it's not gmail or business oriented they could care less.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For a modern smart phone os i think android has a really terribe email and calendar app that should have been updated a long time ago. If only they could follow palm. Webos has a fantastic email and calendar app.

Even the gmail app is terrible especially when you have more than one account. You have keep switching accounts. I really miss how slick email was on webos.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For sure. I agree with all your sentiments. Sounds like we're all ex-Pre people here. Oh for the love of God, please make a solid mail app Android, or anyone on Android please! This is such as basic function of a smart phone.

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
K-9 would be great if it did EAS instead of DAV. I've seen many people say that they just plain can't get Exchange to sync up. I fought with it for a few minutes and gave up.

That being said, EAS requires licensing fees from what I understand, and DAV doesn't, so I can understand why K-9 doesn't use EAS.

On the flip side, I have K-9 getting my wife's Yahoo mail for her.

Folder sorting in the Android client is supposed to pop in sometime after Froyo, from what I understand; that's the only thing I'm really missing from the default client, honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy