Problem with music

drake22

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been experiencing a very aggravating problem with trying to play back music. I have about 6 songs on my Epic and if I try to play one and then switch tracks to another track, the music player stalls and Android has to force close it. This happens no matter what music player I use. I tried deleting Music.apk, MediaProvider.apk, MusicService.apk, and all related directories in /data/data and then reinstalling those apks from the Baked Snack ROM, but that does not fix it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean "switch tracks to another music player"? You mean you are playing on track on the stock media player then switch tracks on something like tune wiki?

drake22

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It means that I am tired and cannot type complete sentences. I meant to type "if I try to play one and then switch tracks to another track, the music player stalls"

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen with the stock music player, along with a few other issues (like not being able to control tracks using BT fm transmitter). I installed the tune wiki player and haven't had any issues, plus BT controls actually work! not saying this is a solution, but give it a shot.

drake22

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I might try that later, but to be frank, I would be surprised if it fixed my issue since that seems more like it affects performance rather than functionality. But thanks for the advice.

fkabibil

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
are you using touchwiz or another home launcher. Im asking cause i was having weird audio issues too using launcher pro. Switched back to touchwiz and everything seemed to work fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo