How to Improve Battery Life for the Samsung Epic 4G

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got the startup Auditor and installed it. I am looking for "DRM Services" But find instead "DRM Protected Content Storage" and "DRM Content Launcher" Are these the items I need to disable?

And when I do disable them what funtion of my phone will I lose?

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got the startup Auditor and installed it. I am looking for "DRM Services" But find instead "DRM Protected Content Storage" and "DRM Content Launcher" Are these the items I need to disable?

And when I do disable them what funtion of my phone will I lose?

My question exactly. I hope someone can answer this. I'm hesitant to kill this without confirmation. Thanks.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Unless you have DRM protected content (presumably) you shouldn't see any effect from killing those services, other than increased battery life. I've been running Startup Auditor to kill them for about a month now and have noticed no adverse affect.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have several movies that I purchased from the media hub that I am sure are DRM Protected and all of them still play fine with DRM Protected Content Storage" and "DRM Content Launcher" turned off with Startup Auditor.

cheapfx

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a open wifi connection at work and i use wifi at home. Simply setting my wifi to never sleep combined with the airplain mode toggle has nearly doubled my battery life. I went from around 8 hours with moderate use to about 14 to 16 hours. With light use, a few texts and short phone calls, I can get well over 24 hours. Great article!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a open wifi connection at work and i use wifi at home. Simply setting my wifi to never sleep combined with the airplain mode toggle has nearly doubled my battery life. I went from around 8 hours with moderate use to about 14 to 16 hours. With light use, a few texts and short phone calls, I can get well over 24 hours. Great article!

Where do I find the setting to disable wifi sleep??? I can't seem to find it.

Meetloaf

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Sweet guide, I'll be keeping this in mind. I'm in the unfortunate circumstance where I have crappy reception living in a basement right now.

One question, I'm rooted with a custom 2.2 ROM (VIPER), will the Airplane mode toggle still apply?

sylvio13

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just downladed an app called Screen Filter because this epic screen is crazy bright. Allows you to dim screen brightness wa more. Developer says it will save battery life on Amoled screens. Just started using it but I gotta figure its gonna save a ton of battery life. Take it for a spin.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I just downladed an app called Screen Filter because this epic screen is crazy bright. Allows you to dim screen brightness wa more. Developer says it will save battery life on Amoled screens. Just started using it but I gotta figure its gonna save a ton of battery life. Take it for a spin.
Hey, looks like a great app!

Do you happen to know if that app lets you disable or dim the lights on the touch buttons? Those get annoying when trying to read a dim screen in the dark.

Looks like the app has the ability to disable the lights on some touch buttons, but I don't think it's working for my Epic.

sylvio13

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No but that would be a great feature. Im betting that is a hardware restriction.

FYI if you place the icon on your homescreen it serves as "soft key" to dim with one touch.

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery question

So i know there a million battery threads out there so i ran a simple search and didnt find what i was looking for. so here is my question. Is it true that if you charge your new phone for 6-8 hours right after after you buy, it improves battery life? a friend told me this about her vibrant and she claims it lasts her for two days before she charges. after she told me, i recalled hearing this for lap top batteries. if this is the case, should the same hold true if i buy a new battery and charge it for 6-8 hours?

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So i know there a million battery threads out there so i ran a simple search and didnt find what i was looking for. so here is my question. Is it true that if you charge your new phone for 6-8 hours right after after you buy, it improves battery life? a friend told me this about her vibrant and she claims it lasts her for two days before she charges. after she told me, i recalled hearing this for lap top batteries. if this is the case, should the same hold true if i buy a new battery and charge it for 6-8 hours?

Technically, scientifically, not true. However, in actuality it might help "calibrate" the phone to recognize a true full charge.