Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network Connection Error?

Randomly keep getting network connection error throughout the day, what is it n why is it?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I get the same thing. I'm not sure, but I just hit retry a few times and it goes away.

thats strange. ive never encountered that.

did you have service? did you see the 3g sign in the top right?
    do you run juice defender? sometimes it takes a second for it to connect when you first turn the screen on - or for it to connect from whatever your settings are

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    thats strange. ive never encountered that.

did you have service? did you see the 3g sign in the top right?
    do you run juice defender? sometimes it takes a second for it to connect when you first turn the screen on - or for it to connect from whatever your settings are
    Yea Shaun, I think it's caused when an app trys to access the data connection and there isn't one available. 3g is spotty in my house (2 to 3 bars) and at work. (1 or none)(shielded building) So that's most likely why I see it so often.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10 Nightly

My wife is getting the same error. Sadly, it is occuring even when connected to WiFi.....Sprint of course has no clue.

I too get it, even when connected to WiFi and even when setting WiFi to never sleep. It's an annoyance at best.

mines has been doing the same thing as well...sucks
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Had same issue didn't notice it prior to this update

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10 Nightly

Well, my wife's error has now been upgraded to "Not registered on network" when she tries to make a phone call

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Have you tried updating your PRL? Not really sure if it will help or not, but I did a few days ago, and I haven't seen the problem.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UUZ View Post
    Have you tried updating your PRL? Not really sure if it will help or not, but I did a few days ago, and I haven't seen the problem.
    Yes, I have done that many times. Was supposed to get a call last night seeing if the problem was resolved, I'm going to see what I can get from them since I never got the call.......

Sent from my Cyanogen modded Hero using Tapatalk Pro.

the "not registered to network" thing happened to me a while back. all i had to do was reset my phone and it worked.

if that does not work. boot into recovery and wipe back to factory reset. i think you can do this in your settings to. but i always do it by going into recovery

I have had the same problem. The issue is because of the email app. I noticed when my phone went into sleep mode I would get this error. A hard reset or simply using the browser for email should fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson1099 View Post
    I have had the same problem. The issue is because of the email app. I noticed when my phone went into sleep mode I would get this error. A hard reset or simply using the browser for email should fix the issue.
    I don't think it's the email app specifically - I uninstalled the email app and I still get the message occasionally.

Sent by a little green robot