Easiest way to copy and paste (in browser)

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
for some reason i cant seem to copy and paste well in the browser.

just checking if theres a way to do it well using the keyboard or something.
like i know the nexus one can copy and paste pretty well using the track ball.

just spent like 30 minutes trying to find a good way around this. how come we cant get the copy and paste from sense or ios

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
From the Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Share section:

Cut and Paste Other Content
You can also copy text, photos and more from web pages, and other sources that are not in a text box.
• Select a word: Press and hold the word. Drag the green end markers to select more or less text.

attachment.php

Double Tap to Select a Word

• Select text beginning with where the cursor is now: Just touch where the other end of the selection will be.
• Copy: Tap the Copy (icon to the left) to copy the text, photo, etc.

To paste this content that you have copied into an email, text, Facebook, etc., open the other app and Paste as described above. If your phone has a physical keyboard, press and hold the shift key and then drag your finger over the content to copy.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I think that link is for somethong other than the epic. Probably sense ui.
Epic does not copy and paste that easily.

But thanks for the tip on holding the shift key. Hopefully it'll work in the browser

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to copy text from the gmail app. Shift key works. Now how do you do it without a physical keyboard.

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So I can copy things to the clipboard but am unable to paste, used to the pre drop down menus, help would be much appreciated, thx

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
U should be able to paste anywhere you can input txts. So like rag said what are you trying to paste into

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to copy the text on a web page and put it in a text, and after I couldn't do that I tried to put it in an email, thx

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
In general, in areas where you can type text, you can usually long-press in there, and a pop-up appears offering a paste option.
But, that may be app-dependant, so it may not work all the time.

I do wish there was a more accurate way to copy. I've been using the shift-drag to copy non-editable text, then pasting into a new note, edit out the stuff I don't want, then copy using shift-arrow keys on the keyboard within the note editing interface.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
long pressing will work for any text editing app. like anywhere where you can input text. at least i havent ran into one that doesnt permit it.

and i already knew about long pressing. thats just basic. i was talking about in a browser

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
long pressing will work for any text editing app. like anywhere where you can input text. at least i havent ran into one that doesnt permit it.

and i already knew about long pressing. thats just basic. i was talking about in a browser

Yea, web pages and gmail threads need a better way of copying if holding the shift is the only way. I want a way to do it without the physical keyboard. Your telling me that on the on Galaxy S phones they can't copy in these areas?

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
Yea, web pages and gmail threads need a better way of copying if holding the shift is the only way. I want a way to do it without the physical keyboard.

In the browser, I think the officially supported method of copying is (page 173 of user guide):

tap More > Select text > swipe with finger & release

Not sure about email.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
In the browser, I think the officially supported method of copying is (page 173 of user guide):

tap More > Select text > swipe with finger & release

Not sure about email.

I never even noticed that in the browser, lol. Doesn't seem to work with email, however.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Copying from a browser is a pain when trying to use touch-screen to me. That is something that a trackpad/ball would come in handy for...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using TapatalkT

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
so whats the best way to copy past in an email?

Holding the shift key and swyping your finger over the txt you want to select.

And for the record, I know of the basic ways to copy/paste.
I was looking for shortcuts or apps that will help make the process easier such as holding the shift key or maybe and app

S e.nt from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk