1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FIXED: Brightness on Phone Randomly Changing

I have the auto brightness turned off, and the brightness turned all the way down but I find the screen will randomly be brighter and I have to go in and turn it back down. Anyone else have this happen? I find the lowest setting sufficient for most viewing situations (90%), and it keeps the battery from going down to badly.
    Banned

Yea, that's recently been happening to me too. No suggestions on how to fix but I have a switchpro widget that let's me change brightness pretty easily.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

The notification bar can increase and decrease the brightness. That's the problem.
    Thanked by 2:

Yeah, what deihmos is saying is what happened to me when I first got the phone. If you press the top of the phone so that the notification slider starts to slide down, but leave your thumb or finger at the top of the phone, and then slide yoru finger to the left or right, you can change the brightness of the phone. Left = dimmer Right = brighter.

Its anoying when you don't know about it, but a great feature now that I know its there
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Banned

Wow! Awesome feature! Thanks!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well mystery solved, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow713 View Post
    Yeah, what deihmos is saying is what happened to me when I first got the phone. If you press the top of the phone so that the notification slider starts to slide down, but leave your thumb or finger at the top of the phone, and then slide yoru finger to the left or right, you can change the brightness of the phone. Left = dimmer Right = brighter.

Its anoying when you don't know about it, but a great feature now that I know its there
    ....and these little tidbits are exactly why I spend so much time reading sites like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow713 View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Great feature now that I know about it.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default screen brghtness jumps from 0% to 75%

I have my screen brightness at 0% and it will jump to 75%. I have auto brightness turned off. Do you know what is causing this to happen?

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

swiping the top bar changes the brightness. It is fairly easily to do accidentally.

If you read in this thread, you'll understand why it happens.

But I think a mod moved your thread into this one,

Swiping your finger across the navigation bar turns it into a brightness setting bar.
    Like the settings, put your finger to the left for low brightness and so on. Keep in mind, u don't Need to actually swipe, which is y it happens accidentally so often.
    Bringing down the notification bar can easily enable this feature
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Is there any wa of turning this feature off?

Turning on auto-brightness turns this feature off. Other than that, I don't think so.

One thing I've noticed is the browser has a separate brightness setting, so when you go back and forth between the browser and other things on the phone it looks like the brightness is shifting if you don't have them set the same.

I think this thread should be renamed "FIXED: Brightness on phone randomly changing" and stickied. I see this issue coming up a lot. haha

I changed the title, and will include this in a new sticky

I'm either a dork or it's not supported on Froyo. Am I a dork?

I usually keep my brightness on 17% (perfect for me) and find that it moves sometimes. The reason why that happens to me is because when I'm talking for a long period of time with someone, the phone will slightly move away from my ear and the tip of my ear touches the top notification bar moving the brightness. So be aware that your ear/side of your face might possibly be doing that as well. Quite annoying!