Any Apps that are 'must have' to you?
10-30-2010 11:33 PM
- Hiya. Although I have had this phone for about two weeks now. I have rooted it.. Messed it up .. Restored it .. Rooted again.. Learning what makes it tick..
App-wise other than emulators I have not tried anything (besides titanium backup)..I would like to know are there any apps (paid or not) that you will consider 'Must Have'??10-30-2010 10:24 AM
- App Brain
I really can't think of any others that don't have equally viable alternatives (eg. Touch Wiz is good enough though I've gone with Launcher Pro).
Oh I take it back - Google Voice is also a must have. Most of the Google apps are nice to have.
Just don't download Hypnotoad -it's a piece of cra- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!10-30-2010 12:28 PMLike 1
- I don't think any of my apps are MUST HAVES, but I certainly have my favorites.
Pandora is a must have for me when I forget to charge my iPod- I listen to music on the way to and from school, and walking around campus.
Beautiful Widgets isn't a must have, but any sort of weather widget is. That's just the one I prefer. I use it a lot in the mornings to figure out how to dress for the day.
Gentle Alarm, or any type of alarm, is a must have. I know android phones come with stock and those work for some people. The stock alarm works for me in some situations (I love the stopwatch and timer built in to the stock one, comes in handy). But I love the fact that Gentle Alarm is one of the apps that has a fade in alarm. It never startles me in the morning, and I feel like I wake up more refreshed because of it.
Quick App Clean Cache is a definite must for me. It works for both rooted and unrooted phones, but with a rooted phone you can clean all apps with one click. Otherwise, it lists all of the apps with cache and you can clear them one by one.
Launcher Pro Plus is a must have for me personally. Mainly because I love the Widgets that come with Launcher Pro when you pay the $3 donation and because I don't like the stock one all that much.
Root Explorer and ROM Manager are must haves if you're rooted. Root Explorer allows you to remove/rename files and ROM Manager is for, of course, ROMs.
ClockworkMod Recovery and Titanium Backup are must haves if you want to back up your apps (Titanium)/data and your current ROM in case something goes wrong (Clockwork).
Google Navigation is a must for obvious reasons.
That's really it. Anything else I have is to make my life easier/is just for fun.10-30-2010 12:40 PM
- Assuming you are rooted;
SetCPU - overclock and underclock (look for it in the XDA G1 forums)
Spare Parts - see detailed battery use and what apps are using the most of your resources
AppBrain - Keeps a list of all your apps so when you change ROMs or wipe your data you can get your apps back easily. Also, installing apps from your computer
Notification Notes - Lets you keep notes in the pulldown notification bar
Barcode Scanner - Another way to easily install apps
SoundHound - identifies songs playing, I use this a lot10-30-2010 12:49 PMLike 2
- 10-30-2010 01:06 PM
- dtm_stretchAwesome Possum1. Vlingo: Handsfree use of your phone while driving.
2. LauncherPro Plus/BeautifulWidgets/LPicons/HomeSwitcher(customizing your phone, dont need root)
3. DoubleTwist/Pandora(for music)
4. AppBrain(A more managable APP market)
5. Handcent SMS(customize SMS)10-30-2010 02:57 PM
- 1. K9 Mail: best on android - period.
2. Launcher Pro: best launcher
3. Dictionary Customizer: you can add your own words so the auto-correct will recognize it and not replace it.
4. You Version Bible: best Bible app ever made!
5. xScope: fastest browser and free (version 5)
6. gStrings: free guitar tuner with mic pickup for auto tune
7. AK Notepad: best notepad that can export to .txt file and send to yourself or others. other notepads just suck.
8. Uninstaller: you need one10-30-2010 03:04 PMLike 1
- 10-30-2010 07:36 PM
- RockPlayer - Best video player IMO. Plays just about ANY video format.
ShopSavvy - Scans barcodes for better pricing options
Tapatalk Pro - So you can view this website on the go all organized.
Swarm - If your into torrents and stuff, you can download stuff straight to your phone from a torrent file.
Quick Boot - Allows one click access to rebooting your phone and putting it into recovery and bootloader mode. Must be rooted for it to work.10-30-2010 09:01 PM
- Some of my favorites:
AdFree - blocks ads in apps like Angry Birds (root required)
KeePassDroid - stores all your passwords and encrypts them, can use with desktop client
Quick Settings - lets you toggle all your system settings without taking up home screen space with widgets
Roam Control - use Verizon's network at will
SDX Stock App Remover - take out all that bloatware (root required)
Tapatalk - forum viewer, makes reading forums (like this one!) much easier
VLC Remote - control video playback on your computer from your phone10-30-2010 09:01 PM
- 10-30-2010 09:11 PM
SDX came installed when I rooted and it is one hell of a dangerous fun app... I was constantly backing up/removing/crashing/replacing lol...
Does VLC Remote work with any PC media prog like media center?10-30-2010 09:39 PM
- 10-30-2010 09:51 PM
- Barcode scanner/Saavy Shopper
Launcher Pro +
Doggcatcher: Podcast catcher
Connect Bot-Terminal emulator
Out of Milk- Shopping list
Talk to Me
The Swartz- Star Wars like light sabers with sound effects
Talking Tom: a lot like iPhones talking Karl10-30-2010 10:13 PM
- 10-30-2010 11:28 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
Any Apps that are 'must have' to you?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD