1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen won't respond when charging with USB

Hi. When I charge my phone using the USB cord, the screen freezes and will not react to anything I touch. This does not happen when using the wall charger. Thank you in advance for any help.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Quote Originally Posted by hal1963 View Post
    Hi. When I charge my phone using the USB cord, the screen freezes and will not react to anything I touch. This does not happen when using the wall charger. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Are you running windows 7 by any chance? This happened with my phone on my wifes Win & laptop, doesn't happen with my Win Vista or Linux PC's
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post
    Are you running windows 7 by any chance? This happened with my phone on my wifes Win & laptop, doesn't happen with my Win Vista or Linux PC's
    Are you sure it's because of the operating system and not a difference in USB ports?

I get this sometimes when charging from the battery charger I got. I even use the default USB chord that came with it, but it will sometimes freeze. I don't understand it and am a little worried it means something bad is happening but it doesn't seem to damage anything. I would also love to know if anyone has any idea of actually why this happens.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I've seen this same symptom. I thought it was a runaway process or something. It only happens when I pick it up after hours being charged. (Mine is in the wall charger, not usb to a PC). Once it starts working, its fine while plugged in.

Definitely smells like a bug.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Are you sure it's because of the operating system and not a difference in USB ports?
    Actually I never stated the cause. I mentioned I experienced similar problem that I can only reproduce when i plug in to WIN 7 USB port.

I use only the stock cable.
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010