Epic and DST?

Empress_4

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Since tonight we have to switch our clocks due to DST, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Epic will automatically change like my previous Sprint Samsung phone?
I need to go to church in the morning early and do not want to "sleep in" accidentally because the alarm goes off an hour later.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
From your home screen press the menu button and tap Settings>Date & time

Make sure the box next to "Automatic" is checked. That way your phone will always have the correct time per the network based on your location - so if you are physically somewhere where daylight savings is observed (like most places), it should change automatically.

And you can do what I do - set two alarms in case one fails :)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
CNN actually tweeted about that iPhone bug. I couldn't believe it.

I better get a tweet from them announcing Froyo's release date for the Epic.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My time changed automatically but now I can't send or receive text messages. I popped the battery, nothing is working.

hi3girls

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
My EVO changed time automatically, too...from EDT to CST!?! So I did in fact wake up an hour late and had to use the 'really, it was my phone!' excuse when I finally showed up at work :)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My EVO changed time automatically, too...from EDT to CST!?! So I did in fact wake up an hour late and had to use the 'really, it was my phone!' excuse when I finally showed up at work :)

My Epic switched from cst to mtn time. So mine was behind an exta hour as well.

Very weird, mine was/is spot on ...

Question ??.. Does the phone not get the time from Sprint like every other phone can? Something as simple as that will solve this problem will it not?....

hi3girls

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Question ??.. Does the phone not get the time from Sprint like every other phone can? Something as simple as that will solve this problem will it not?....

You'd think, but Settings>Date&time>Automatic with no love until after the phone rebooted itself an hour or so later.

hi3girls

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

You'd think so, but I had Settings>Date&time>Automatic with no love until after the phone rebooted itself an hour or so later.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You're spelling it wrong.

HAHAHAHA

but my phone has been acting weird. timing cant even keep up.

i woke up a few days ago i gotta get up at 6 basically every day for school so i woke up and my phone said 443 and luckily my dad woke me up again because it was stuck.

had to factory reset and then backed up my apps and it fixed it. but i restored all my apps with data with titanium backup and then it did the same thing the next morning and probably throughout the day too - i dont remember.
factory reset again this morning and just installed my apps one by one through the market and whatever apps i downloaded from the net to my sdcard.
(the apps on my sd have been there for a while so they cant be the culprit)

just wondering how do you know it changed it to MTN or Central or whtever time you guys said?
did it say it under the date and time section on settings?
because mine goes gray when i enable automatic. but it does show where i am - Pacific time. i just changed mine to Beliz and then put it back to auto and it went back to pacific. so im just curious

this probably makes no sense. sorry im trying to stop my dogs from escaping to the back and attacking the neighbors

Empress_4

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea mine went back 2 hours in the middle of the night! I was so worried I kept waking up and eventually looked at my phone it said 4:30... my clock on my microwave (which hadn't been switched yet) said 6:30 and my computer (which must switch automatically) said 5:30. So I turned my phone off and on and it said 5:30! Went and found the official time website and confirmed it was that time and I finally could get a little sleep... but I was certainly tired.
At least I made it to church on time... would have anyway since all the kids were up!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt