strange battery jump

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So I left work with 18% battery. I get into my car and turn on Pandora. The phone was just plugged in. Pandora freezes and I reboot with volume up power camera.
The phone reboots with 54% battery and has been holding since then without powering off indicating a battery display error.

What's up with that?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I use a widget. However I cross referenced it with the battery information menu via *#4636*1111*. Also the stock battery indicator was showing the same amount of battery in correspondence to what it normally looks like.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Mine was the inverse of that though. I got my normal use out of my phone that I would normally get.

Then that extra 58% that popped up out of no where held for the rest of the night.

Could there be a problem with the OS reading the battery? Maybe this is why some people still continue to complain about battery life?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
my battery will by low. and then i reboot with it plugged in - and the battery icon when its off and plugged in will show i have around 58%.

i turn it on and my battery will be back even lower

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this phenomenon. However, recently, my battery life has increased significantly. Previously, I'd get an average of 4 or 5 hours between charges. Now it seems, with moderate use, I can achieve 16+ hours before reaching 25%. Not sure what has changed, but I'm lovin it!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna see what happens today by rebooting the phone with the side buttons. It was plugged in when I did it. Gonna see what happens unplugged. Would be nice to know if there is a hidden 50% battery left before the phone really dies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc