1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock so far

Default Daylight Savings time bug on Samsung Epic

When the time changed at 2 am today, I noticed my clock change on my phone. It wasn't until I got up, thinking I hadn't slept much, that I found out that the Sprint network settings seemed to set me to Mountain Time, so that the change put me back TWO hours instead of one.

If I uncheck the network time option in prefs, then the time is correct when I set zone back to central time. If I recheck the Network Time choice, it goes right back to Mountain Time. I live in central Wisconsin, far mountain time, and my GPS/network location services are on now, though were not when the time changed.

Has anyone else seen this?

Default Daylight saving time

My Samsung Epic seems to have adjusted to the right time i.e. PST for which it was set. Just FYI

Mine also went back 2 hours instead of one. I just turned the phone off and pulled the battery waited about 15 minutes. Put the battery in turned on the phone and was at the correct time.

Mine shows the correct GMT -8 time.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

My phone switched automatically, however my incoming texts are 1hr ahead.

I just turned my phone off and then back on and the time set itself correctly.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Mine went back two hours as well. After a battery pull I got the right time. I am in the Central Time Zone as well.

Mine was off two hours, which made my alarm go off at the wrong time ... which made me late for an application validation for work. Not happy.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

i think this was a sprint problem and not specific to the epic. 3 different people with 3 different sprint phones at my place had this issue.

Yea, my Epic and 2 Intercepts all did the same thing. Gotta love it...