Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Epic 4g poorly rated by Consumer reports?

Did anyone see the full article. Consumer reports article does not mention epic 4g as a top 3 phone; shocked?

Where did they have the Epic?

What did they have for top 3?

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Why should the epic 4g be in the top 3 and how does that mean it was poorly rated

How is the Hero number 3?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

1) Evo 4g 2) Samsung intercept 3) HTC hero.

thats sales im pretty sure bc is no way is the intercept ever going to be rated in quality higher than the epic. just specs alone make the epic better in quality

I bet this was before the epic was released -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Eazail70x7 View Post
    I bet this was before the epic was released -_-
    My thoughts exactly. Hero? really?

Does anyone have a link?

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I think they messed up on the front page- when I checked the article the Epic was #1 for sprint followed by the Evo

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Apparently somebody got it wrong because other sites are reporting EPIC as number 1 for sprint.

Android claims victory in latest Consumer Reports smartphone rankings

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    I think they messed up on the front page- when I checked the article the Epic was #1 for sprint followed by the Evo
    No they didn't.. I receive the Consumer Reports, and the Epic was not #1. The Epic was #1 on PCWorld.

here you go epic fans:

HTC EVO "4 LIFE"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    here you go epic fans:

HTC EVO "4 LIFE"
    DDP!!!!!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    No they didn't.. I receive the Consumer Reports, and the Epic was not #1. The Epic was #1 on PCWorld.
    I was referring to their online site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epic 4g poorly rated by Consumer reports?-sprint.jpg  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

Haha, the Intercept is terrible. Resolution is so low on this phone.

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Consumer reports tends to be somewhat behind as far as getting new products in their magazines, compared to their website...

The magazine doesn't have the Epic, Fascinate or G2 in it, while the online version has all three of those.... The Epic is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.C. View Post
    Consumer reports tends to be somewhat behind as far as getting new products in their magazines, compared to their website...

The magazine doesn't have the Epic, Fascinate or G2 in it, while the online version has all three of those.... The Epic is #1.
    Well... consumers obviously dont agree since the Evo is still easily crushing the epic in sales.

WIN

Global Posts
    2,679 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    thats sales im pretty sure bc is no way is the intercept ever going to be rated in quality higher than the epic. just specs alone make the epic better in quality
    First of all quality is going to refer to build quality where the Evo is better, basic reception, where the Evo is better, playing phone videos on your TV where the Evo is better, and GPS where the Evo is much better.

There are advantages to the Epic. I have three epics an and Evo. I gernally prefer the Epic, but I can easily see where Evo woudl top Epic in real world tests. Better reception alone goes to "quality" more than a GPU and the Evo beats Epic on reception hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    First of all quality is going to refer to build quality where the Evo is better, basic reception, where the Evo is better, playing phone videos on your TV where the Evo is better, and GPS where the Evo is much better.

There are advantages to the Epic. I have three epics an and Evo. I gernally prefer the Epic, but I can easily see where Evo woudl top Epic in real world tests. Better reception alone goes to "quality" more than a GPU and the Evo beats Epic on reception hands down.
    and i agree but your statement is unnecessary because im not even comparing to a ****ing evo. Im comparing the epic to the intercept so btfo. And some such as me might consider the epic better build quality. I went through 3 evos the first week. Im still on launch day epic

The Epic 4G was the top rated phone for Sprint and pulled in the same rating as the iPhone on AT&T. The Epic did not receive a "Recommended" rating because of its price. Consumer Reports always places a high value on cost for value. The three "Best Choices" for Sprint are all under $50 with the Samsung Instinct HD at the top. By the way, the iPhone did not make the recommended list for AT&T.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Yeah and PCWorld ranked Epic the top Smart Phone.

Top 10 Cellphones

Best of 2010

I wouldn't worry too much about consumer reports ratings, different sources will rate it differently based on a unique set of criteria.

If you are satisfied with the phone you cares what others rate it.
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Its not a quality figure, its sales
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast