Task Manager

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being a noob but I have already searched for this answer but found no response. I had a quick question. When I hold down my home button and it brings up my task manager the only thing that is always running is my browser. Should I let it be or should I end it?I have always let it be because the CPU is at 0 but once in a while the RAM will be around 35-40MB and the CPU will get above 0 for my browser, then those numbers turn red. What does that mean? Thanks guys

-Sprocket

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. You'd be surprised at how many apps/processes are running that aren't even listed in the task manager. One app is not going to make a difference.

Reactions: sprocket2107

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That I don't remember. I uninstalled my task manager a long time ago. Maybe someone else can chime in. My guess is it means the app is not in use or has been cached.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
when it goes red the RAM is between 35-40 and the CPU is higher than 0%. Hopefully someone knows a little more about the subject. and also should i just leave it be or let it run?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
When it turns red it simply means its using more CPU than normal which means its probably rendering a website or something. You really have nothing to worry about

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Red indicates a higher than normal CPU usage.
If you see it running red I would close it if you are not using that particular app.

A good habit is to properly exit out of applications when you are done using them.

The task manager is there for you to manage running apps & tasks.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
the back arrow will exit and "close" the app. I have found though if you are several "layers" deep it is just easier to hit the home button and then end the app through the task manager.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess, the same way that closing a program through control-alt-delete, may corrupt a program on windows. If the program is reading/writing files/databases when you force it to stop, it may encounter some issues. But generally I would say you are safe on most apps.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So me going into the task manager and ending the browser will not cause any long term effects? Sorry for asking all these questions but this is my first smart phone and I just want my experience to run smoothly. Thank you all for all your help.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
well i've heard that ending apps can cause those apps to later not run properly

like that guy said like 3 times. if an app is inputting or outputting data than something may possibly go wrong. however it is very unlikely, most programs will be dormant after leaving them in the background for a while - if the cpu says "0%" you should be good.

even if it is working, ive ended several apps with my task manager and its fine. if anything happens with your apps all you need to do is uninstall and reinstall. typically they have some files saved on the sd card - ex: you can backup your launcher pro settings to the sd card and reinstall if anything goes wrong.

you really dont have anything to sweat and are worrying over nothing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke