Clearing my cache?

LBBert7

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if I should clear my browser's cache and if so how often? Also how often should I clear my history. There is also an option in the browsers settings that says accept cookie data that is checked, should I leave it checked or should I un-check it? Sorry for all the questions. Also, do you recommend clearing history?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
There's really no need to cleat anything. Your phones browser options are exactly the same as your computers.

You don't need to clear your history at all unless your looking up naughty things and don't want your friends to see.
Cache should also stay, cache saves a little bit of memory from websites which allows them to load faster.

I clear it out maybe every 1-2 months. Simply because a lot of websites I visit is only one time to look something up I hear on the radio or to prove my dad wrong in a debate : p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

LBBert7

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So clearng my cache every once in a while won't speed anything up? Will it ruin my browser if I do clear it? Will it slow it down if I clear it? I'm just trying to understand this all. Sorry for all the questions.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
If you look up cache on wiki it'll give you a way better understanding that I can tell you.

As I said I would do it once a month or 2. Any more I think is unnecessary. Clearing it every few days I think will slow your phone because the purpose of cache is to speed up your device.
The most your cache is going to take is probably 25mb tops, and I don't think it's part of the ram it takes up so it wont speed it up.

But no it wont break your browser. It could possibly slow it down but not enough to where you'll be able to notice. But the point is it's going to build up the cache all over again when you visit your frequent sites. That's why I say once every 2 months when your at the point you've browsed websites one time to look up a word or fact about a celebrity

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sprocket2107

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
On the Hero, I cleared it every couple of hours with Cache mate. The epic its not as necessary, but I still do it every now and then, not very often.