Internal Screen Cracked

Tibwolf

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Internal Screen Cracked (pics)

The AMOLED screen cracked on my Epic. The phone hasn't been dropped and the only blemishes are some nicks on the black plastic and 2 hairline scratches on the screen. There is a spider web of cracks originating near the camera button and there are 2 (or 1 long crack, cannot tell) cracks above the menu and home buttons. If you cannot tell, the front glass pane doesn't have any cracks, all of this is below it

Nothing is displayed on the screen except for a bright blue pixel around what seems to be the center of the crack. I think I can receive calls, but my phone is off until I go to the sprint store tomorrow

Here are some more photos in higher resolutions

1090806196_eF3Sp-XL.jpg

1090837032_xpJTu-XL.jpg

1090834132_zSBbR-XL.jpg

Last edited:

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
what's with all of the scratch marks on the gorilla glass and outer casing? If it was smooth and all that, i'd say yes, internal issue but the pics i'm seeing indicate that this phone wasnt really taken care of.

just my opinion, but feel free to prove me wrong. :)

Reactions: Butters3605

Tibwolf

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Those aren't scratch marks, but rather oils and dust and such. I'd probably have to swipe the screen with some alcohol or windex to completely clean it but I am not yet sure of how safe that is. My screen looks pristine but a close up shot with flash really brings out the every fine detail

Here is a picture without flash:

1090857987_wGDm8-XL.jpg

Last edited:

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that's a pressure crack. He either sat on it, or it was in front and he leaned on it, OR, it was in the same pocket as something else and he leaned on THAT. But all in all, not too hard to fix.

Taln

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Dude! Who cares I thought I was going to have to gripe and moan, but they just fixed mine for $35 bucks. Just take it to a store and they will send you a non-broken one, they would not say new but that is fine with me I just want to be able to see the screen lol. since I had no insurance this was a deal, just make sure you buy a case or insurance on the new one.

Last edited:

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It does not have Gorilla glass

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong.. but sir you're are wrong, due to the reason that the gorilla glass is the outerlayer( not the Internal screen cover) if you're referring as the internal screen being gorilla glass.
:-\

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine cracked the same way. It was working when I left home, when I checked while running errands, I had a black screen and could see some slight streaks. So off to Sprint Repair Store I went.

Verdict - cracked screen. It was underneath, not the top. I had in coat pocket, didn't set on it, drop it, or too tight, etc.

Results - with insurance, replaced screen and out the door in 20 minutes - woo hoo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon