Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kimbundu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Primary Shortcut Icon Missing

I just rooted my Epic and found that my Contacts icon is missing from the Primary Shortcuts at the bottom of the screen where the Phone, Messaging and Application icons aree located. I would like to restore it back but do not know how. Can somebody help this newbie out? Thanks!

Default Changing/Restoring Primary Shortcuts

Go to applications. Hit the menu button. Select "edit". The red minus signs should appear on your added apps. Locate the missing primary shortcut. Drag to the primary shortcut bar. Hit the menu button again. Select "save".
    live9times likes this.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

I like this feature, because I used it to take the messaging app off and onto my homescreen, then replaced it on the primary bar with my camera app.

Default Re: Primary Shortcut Icon Missing

HI
    Same thing happened to me and I dragged the icon down to the primary bar. Now there is no contacts icon on the application screen. How do I put it back there too?

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Once an icon is in the primary icon bar, it doesn't show up in the Apps drawer anymore until you take it off the icon bar. For instance I took the Contacts icon off my primary and it shows up in my apps drawer. I put my camera icon on the primary bar and now it does not show in the apps drawer. Note, to take an icon off the primary bar you have to be in the apps drawer and you drag it back to the apps drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    Once an icon is in the primary icon bar, it doesn't show up in the Apps drawer anymore until you take it off the icon bar. For instance I took the Contacts icon off my primary and it shows up in my apps drawer. I put my camera icon on the primary bar and now it does not show in the apps drawer. Note, to take an icon off the primary bar you have to be in the apps drawer and you drag it back to the apps drawer.
    Thanks for the info. Wish it never did it to begin with but that's how it goes.

I am having the same problem and I tried what you suggested but I couldnt find the menu button.

Nevermind

just found this after talking with Sprint and they told me the only way to restore my primary shortcuts was to do a hard reboot. So glad this question was asked and answered. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by live9times View Post
    just found this after talking with Sprint and they told me the only way to restore my primary shortcuts was to do a hard reboot. So glad this question was asked and answered. Thank you!
    That's because Sprint isn't qualified to give advice about their own devices. Stick to forums.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzu View Post
    That's because Sprint isn't qualified to give advice about their own devices. Stick to forums.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    If they were reading the manual for the Initial (Eclair 2.1) software that the Epic shipped with, you could not change the primary buttons. Once the Froyo 2.2 was released, that was added in, and allowed you to change them.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...