1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint ID on Epic

Does anyone know if Sprint ID is coming as an update to all Epics or just on new onesM

id imagine its on all epics.

thatd just be weird if it was new ones. yeah its definitely all epics. haha idk where you got that crazy thought
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I actually read somewhere that is wasn't going to be a mass update. That samsung and sprint were just going to add it on to Epics from a certain time frame on.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

I hope it DOESN't Come to EPIC
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010
    Thanked by:

Or any other phones for that matter.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

So far from what I can tell sprint has no plans to put Sprint ID on any high end devices. The service is to mainly help people who are new to smart phones get used to the types of customization available. People buying the epic should not fall into this category.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They already announced it was coming to epic unfortunately.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Damn. They better offer us a way to disable it.....LOL.......I just made myself laugh.
    Joe-KC2UUZ
    Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G on....Sprint

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    They already announced it was coming to epic unfortunately.
    This is Pure BS, Why push more Bloat ware on those who use high end devices, I hope it is an optional Sprint market add-on
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

There's definitely a way to turn this off. If you look at the evo, don't they have "profiles" such as sports or social. Its basically just adding and removing apps for your liking, mostly based to new smartphone users who do not know where to start when downloading apps

But aren't most of us rooted? So it really does not matter unless you want it and are rooted. Then your screwed : p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    EPIC 4G

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm not rooted, I'm not techie enough to root my phone. Plus if you root your phone all warantees and insurance is void, I paid way to much for this device not to have a backup plan if it breaks, or bricks. But any who...I'm not gonna talk ill about the ID untill it gives me somthing not to like. I guess ill try it when it comes out, if it sucks..hopefully you can disable it. Time will tell. ~B

Yes rooting does void the warranty but if you have insurance on it from sprint and you brick it just go to sprint and tell them you lost it. Then they don't know what you did to it and you get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by bhall View Post
    I'm not rooted, I'm not techie enough to root my phone. Plus if you root your phone all warantees and insurance is void, I paid way to much for this device not to have a backup plan if it breaks, or bricks. But any who...I'm not gonna talk ill about the ID untill it gives me somthing not to like. I guess ill try it when it comes out, if it sucks..hopefully you can disable it. Time will tell. ~B
    Actually a simple restore using Odin will put your phone back to stock and then you can take it in you can also remove any and all super user signs in your /system
    Odin could possibly save you frogman brick as will a restore from clockwork depending on the circumstances.

Or try muscles method if you brick to the point of no return as you should have insurance for this expensive advice. One because I don't want a case and 7 bucks sounds like a good deal to save 400 or more bucks. 2, I bodyboard a lot and if I'm hanging out at the beach and someone steals my phone I'm covered.

EPIC 4G

Retired Ambassador

I have to ask... What is Sprint ID?

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    Actually a simple restore using Odin will put your phone back to stock and then you can take it in you can also remove any and all super user signs in your /system
    Odin could possibly save you frogman brick as will a restore from clockwork depending on the circumstances.

Or try muscles method if you brick to the point of no return as you should have insurance for this expensive advice. One because I don't want a case and 7 bucks sounds like a good deal to save 400 or more bucks. 2, I bodyboard a lot and if I'm hanging out at the beach and someone steals my phone I'm covered.

Yeah, restoring to a stock kernel/rom pretty much removes all sign of rooting. As long as it's not bricked, you can pretty much do this and still get warranty work done.

Also, rooting your phone in no way invalidates your insurance you get from sprint. You can do pretty much whatever you want with it and the insurance will still cover it, though depending on what it (the problem) is you may be liable for a $100 deductible charge on the phone.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead84 View Post
    Yes rooting does void the warranty but if you have insurance on it from sprint and you brick it just go to sprint and tell them you lost it. Then they don't know what you did to it and you get another one.
    AKA Insurance Fraud.