Allshare/PS3 problem

DFroelich

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get the ps3 to recognize my epic while the ps3 is wired, but finds it just fine while using wireless.

I use all the default settings for setting up both connections, and in Network Test, I have the UPnP available for both.

Is there a specific non-default option I need to configure in setting up the Wired connection?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm thinking there is an issue with the settings of the router. I have no issues doing all share while my PS3 is wired.

Whats the Make/Model of your router? Might want to verify UPnP settings with a quick google search.

Reactions: DFroelich

DFroelich

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply!

It is an Airlink 300N. Under administration - management is the only mention of UPnP in the configuration pages and also in the manual. The is a box to enable/disable UPnP. It is enabled.

Is there a way in the PS3 to store Internet Connection settings where I can quickly switch between wired and wireless profiles? That is an ok alternative.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the PS3 automatically recognized wired connections. Wireless connections only stores the last router it was connected to. I pulled up the user manual for your router. I didn't see anything else other than that 1 thing on UPnP.
1 last thing, are you running 2.1 or 2.2? I found it to be improved in 2.2 as far as speed and less connection issues. You may also want to manually search for media servers when its plugged in. Also, is your PS3 up to date? I know it used to find media servers on and off a while ago, but the newest firmware hasn't given me issues. If you are trying psfreedom, then you may not want to update it.

Reactions: DFroelich

DFroelich

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for looking into this for me. I am running 2.1, but I guess 2.2 is coming soon. I'd rather wait for the official build. My PS3 is up to date, but I have an old one with a burned out drive and old firmware that I could try it on.

I run PS3 media server, and it connects just fine to my wired PC while the PS3 is both wireless and wired, but I cannot usually stream if wireless.

I guess I will just hold off on this till 2.2 hits.

Thanks again.

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Allshare and ps3 help

Ive been trying to find an answer to this question so hopefully someone can help. When I try to use my ps3 with all share on my phone the epic will say no devices found. I keep getting Dlna error 2104(I think that wad the code). I then went under video on the ps3 and hit scan for media servers and then the ps3 says one found and then it will finally work. Antbodyvknow why I have to scan from the ps3 to connect them? All the videos vie watched on YouTube the ps3 recognized the epic as soon as you scan for devices. Also when it does work my camcorder videos says data not supported. Is that cause the ps3 doesn't support the codec? Also if I download a movie off of media hub will that be able to play thru the ps3? Thanks for your help guys.

DFroelich

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Apparently I am not the best one to answer these questions, but I imagine the media hub movies won't work since they are most likely DRM'ed to the phone.

As for having to scan from the ps3...I used to have that problem when I streamed from twonky, but after a few times days, the PS3 just started remembering it, and I never had to search again. It may have been due to an update on either side.

For your camcorder...can you copy the video to the PS3 and then play them? Some hidef or weirdly codec'ed videos cannot be streamed but play perfectly fine from the ps3's hard drive.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
allshare for me is completely useless. it doesn't recognize and video or picture formats on my server and can't connect with my ps3.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem streaming video from PC to phone. I can also stream video from phone to DMA2200 (media center extender).

Not all video formats are supported, though. Still haven't figured out what format works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol