Cannot update PRL

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried to update my PRL and tried an update profile and keep getting an error stating - an error occurred while trying to update your PRL. Error: internal error.

anyone else get this?? I've taking the battery out and reset it as well already.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
everyone keeps posting these things.
The last time I tried to update it worked.

But a long time ago I think it didn't say anything.
If you see the 3g icon drop and then com back I think its updated.

But the easiest way to do it is turn airplane mode on and off.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Cannot update profile/PRL

For the past 3 days, I haven't been able to update my profile or prl. I just keep getting an error message saying they can't be updated at the time, and to contact customer service if the problem persists. It was working fine, and I have been flashing different Froyo leaks and radios and re-flashing back to stock to see if I could get it to work with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this?

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I think a good bit of people are experiencing this. I took my last phone onto a sprint repair store and they tried to reprovision it but nothing would work so they replaced it with a brand new one.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...guess I'll have to get it replaced. I've done many hard resets and flashing and still no go, and I know Sprint is just gonna do 1 or 2 hard resets and call it a day lol..........hopefully the store will replace it and not just be lazy and order a new one.

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. I argued with them about a refurbcause that's what they were going to give me but I wouldn't accept it. I told them I wanted a new one and I got it. Good luck.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just called sprint a few hours ago with this issue. They could not fix it over the phone and said they would send me a replacement. I asked if it would be a refurb and he stated it would be. While he was entering my info for a replacement he told me that a brand new one in the box would be coming, not a refurb. I'll see what shows up on Monday.

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
use ##786# from the dialer and it will tell you if its new or refurbished. once you hit it click on the view tab and almost at the bottom it weill say reconditioned status and then itb will say yes or no. and then if it says yes it will give the date it was reco0nditioned. it may also sway unavailable and that means it is a refurb as well.

carpolio

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem too. I pulled the battery tried airplane mode nothing seemed to work. Finally I turned on airplane mode and powered off the phone. I waited over 5 minutes and then turned the phone back on. Turned off airplane mode and forced an update a few times. This solved the internal error for the firmware, prl and profile.

Last edited:

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I called sprint and they were unable to correct the internal error after having me reset the phone a few times. I had even tried putting the leaked froyo update on as well and still got the same error. They ended up sending me a brand new phone in the box and the new one works fine.

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Yea...they got me a brand new one in my repair store. This one has a better keyboard and the slider is tighter so that's always nice (plus my old one had scratches on the screen). I can update my profile and prl just fine now, and the only reason I was really worried about it was for the official froyo update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar