1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Froyo Benchmarks

I have been DYING to find out some benchmark scores for 2.2. Does anyone have the results on linpack, nenamark, neocore, and quadrant?

I seriously want to find out the performance increases for 2.2 on hummingbird. Someone, please? Haha. I really want to know.

Just for kicks ran Quadrant. Meh.
    Scored 1015.
    Phone feels about the same really. Was hoping JIT would make a bigger difference...

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

1015?! I get 1250 with baked snack on 2.1

but i guess sprint says it's just a leak vs. real deal

To be honest, I doubt Quadrant will improve with an official release. Q scores file system really heavy, and the epic's strength is in graphics. I don't think Hummingbird is any faster than Snapdragon at file system work.

That and stock ROMs always benchmark lousy...
    ;-)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So quadrant will put it as "weaker" than snapdragon? How important is the file system? I just want to be able to know which processor really is best.

Ran Neocore three times, averaged 55fps.
    Linpack average of three runs was 13.8mflops.
    Nenamark ran three exact 49.9fps in a row.

Paid attention to the Quadrant bench again. The phone just DIES on database and file system writes.

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    So quadrant will put it as "weaker" than snapdragon? How important is the file system? I just want to be able to know which processor really is best.
    Froyo was optimized for Snapdragon as I don't think Hummingbird was out yet when that OS was created, but you do have the Gingerbread to look forward to, which has been optimized for our line of processors (thank you Nexus S).

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Froyo was optimized for Snapdragon as I don't think Hummingbird was out yet when that OS was created, but you do have the Gingerbread to look forward to, which has been optimized for our line of processors (thank you Nexus S).
    Only problem is that even though they are using related hardware, by the time they release for the Galaxy phones I will be due for my next upgrade!!

If I were a betting man, I would say we get Gingerbread as an upgrade 1st, as long as carriers don't muck things up. Samsung and Google are in bed together now, and I'm sure Samsung would not be the happy spouse if Google went giving OS's to other manufacturer's behind Samsung's back.
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 12-06-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If I were a betting man, I would say we get Gingerbread as an upgrade 1st, as long as carriers don't muck things up. Samsung and Google are in bed together now, and I'm sure Samsung would not be the happy spouse if Google went giving OS's to other manufacturer's behind Samsung's back.
    In bed but, not married and free to mingle.... Sometimes I think with smartphones the phone companies have a bit more than they can handle.. So many new phones being smartphones, there is no way they can devote much time to any one phone... With normal phones it was just sell and forget it..

I'm counting on my optimism to somehow will the cosmos into getting us early Gingerbread

Epic does everything just as fast if not faster than the EVO.