1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACS ICS v4

Exclamation "Calendar Storage Has Stopped" Please Help

I have repeatedly be recieving the following error message:

Sorry!
    The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Force Close

I started getting this after installing the froyo update.
    It occurs: occasionally when opening the calendar app, immediately after sending a text message, immediately after hanging up a phone call, and a few other random times (like trying to email a picture as attachment). Also sometimes when i open the calendar app and dont get the error there is no events showing. However, if i go to task manager and End the calendar and then try again all my events show up.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if its a problem with the froyo update or maybe a program not playing nice with the update. I was kind of thinking it maybe had something to do with the phone logging messages and phone calls since it occurs everytime i do one of those two things.

If this continues i think i will try to step back to android 2.1 and wait for the official update.

Try this: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All (button at top)>Calendar Storage>Clear data
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACS ICS v4

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Try this: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All (button at top)>Calendar Storage>Clear data
    So far its seemed to have worked...we'll see how tomorrow goes since i haven't used it much but either way thanks for the help!!!

Default He won't let me go to settings. PLEASE Help!

As soon as my Galaxy S starts I get this notice, with the only option to force closure.
    Than it will restart, and lock on that ,essage again. I can't press settings and go into the menu.
    Please help!

Thanks

Default Re: "Calendar Storage Has Stopped" Please Help

i cound not even touch the application icon. not responding. how can i go to setting tq

Had same issue with samsung Galaxy S2 this morning. Did the following and it worked.
    Remove the battery. Then put it back in.
    Simultaneously hold down the Volume up key, the home key and power button.
    Release.
    A menu comes up, Choose option 4. (Wipe Cache Partition).
    Then choose option "Reboot".
    Phone comes back on working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    I have repeatedly be recieving the following error message:

Sorry!
    The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Force Close

I started getting this after installing the froyo update.
    It occurs: occasionally when opening the calendar app, immediately after sending a text message, immediately after hanging up a phone call, and a few other random times (like trying to email a picture as attachment). Also sometimes when i open the calendar app and dont get the error there is no events showing. However, if i go to task manager and End the calendar and then try again all my events show up.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if its a problem with the froyo update or maybe a program not playing nice with the update. I was kind of thinking it maybe had something to do with the phone logging messages and phone calls since it occurs everytime i do one of those two things.

If this continues i think i will try to step back to android 2.1 and wait for the official update.

hello.... i have this problem with my samsung galaxy S... i am trying to back up my calendar on my computer but samsung kies just freezes at 22%... did everything, update my firmware and my kies software but still the same... now i tried to sync my samsung galaxy s on my gmail account but there is an error on sync. then i add another gmail account on my samsung galaxy S and tried to sync it there and after that the problem happened... i cannot open my calendar anymore it will say that " SORRY! the application Caendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again later" i cannot afford to clear my cache or delete my calendar without backing it up first.... PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU...