what did you guys say to get your epics replaced?

slith003

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
what did you guys say to have your epics replaced? my epic gps does not lock no matter what i do and my signal will constantly drop while i am surfing the web.

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Go through the telephone, speak to a foreign representative and yell your phone is not working properly and more than likley they will apease you!

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The phone reps mostly are incapable of thinking past their script... At least that has been my experience... When I had issues recently.
For some reason, when had issues with my BB's they would replace without question but with my Android it's a different story. Weird and pisses me off, as stopping in a store is hard with tight schedules..

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Uh idk why don't you take it in?

Lol if they agree its not working then they'll replace it. That's what a warranty is for

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine replaced this week... partly issues with GPS lock, and also showed them the TWS problem... my screen showed 52% time without signal when I brought the phone in... but beware, you'll get a refurb... and while my GPS is now better, my battery life is worse (they replaced my battery) and volume down key sticks... I'll hopefully be getting that fixed today...

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I've never had a problem getting a malfunctioning handset replaced through Sprint.

First, most phones have a one year warranty, so if it's a manufacturing defect, it should be replaced outright and NOT through insurance.

Pulling out a wad of cash equal to the termination fee also has been known to work wonders when standing in a Sprint store full of customers.

If you can't make it to a Sprint store, try calling -- but I've rarely had success this route. Keep calling until you reach someone reasonable.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I've never had a problem getting a malfunctioning handset replaced through Sprint.

First, most phones have a one year warranty, so if it's a manufacturing defect, it should be replaced outright and NOT through insurance.

Pulling out a wad of cash equal to the termination fee also has been known to work wonders when standing in a Sprint store full of customers.

Repair stores no longer replace phones only covered under the manufacturers warranty for free. There is a $35 repair fee to have the phone fixed or replaced. Replacement is up to the discretion of the store not the customer.

Also having worked in a high volume repair center someone pulling out a wad of cash equal to their cancelation fee would be the customers choice. We would advise them that they can always pay on their bill before a charge is due but that cancelation is done purely through the cancelation department. If threats from a customer changes how you conduct your business then you did not conduct it properly in the first place. Customers that constantly try to bend the rules just cost the company more money and are not customers you really want to keep.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Some people live to far away to just 'take it in'. The closest Sprint store to me is 3 hours away.

Damn that sucks. I got mine from radio shack for the rebate thing. So maybe if you got it at a best buy or shack you can take it in

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
"Repair stores no longer replace phones only covered under the manufacturers warranty for free. There is a $35 repair fee to have the phone fixed or replaced. Replacement is up to the discretion of the store not the customer. " Originally Posted by Giblet......
This must be new because i took my Pre in last year do to my volume button breaking... I kept thinking it was my micro usb charger door. And I did tell the repair shop this. They orderd me another one and I went back the next day to pick it up and didn't pay anything. But I did have the $7 ins . DO you mean for those who choose not pay the ins?

I have always called them first. Somestores don't have a repair center. The store by me is 20 mins away but the repair store is 10 mins. I read somewhere here that if you call they will send you a complete box and you would just need to send them the phone. This would mean that you will have 2 chargers and 2 16gb micro sd cards. based on what people have said.

Back on topic....
I have told tem what wrong and that I need a new phone. I also told them how long I've been with them. I have told them that i have looked this problem up on the internet and that it is a common problem with these phones. Also ask them when they plan on updating the phones so that this isn't an issue anymore.

I have told them these things in the passed.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
told them that the phone was scratching my keyboard which it actually was, my friend pushed the two pieces together, the back and screen and then opened and closed it numerous times really fast, finally it started to scratch his keyboard and he got a new one on the spot.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Repair stores no longer replace phones only covered under the manufacturers warranty for free. There is a $35 repair fee to have the phone fixed or replaced. Replacement is up to the discretion of the store not the customer.

Also having worked in a high volume repair center someone pulling out a wad of cash equal to their cancelation fee would be the customers choice. We would advise them that they can always pay on their bill before a charge is due but that cancelation is done purely through the cancelation department. If threats from a customer changes how you conduct your business then you did not conduct it properly in the first place. Customers that constantly try to bend the rules just cost the company more money and are not customers you really want to keep.

Word. Pulling out a "wad of cash" does nothing to influence my decision. Nice try though, lol. Those customers are funny.

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Just went into my local Sprint store here in vegas and told them I have nevergotten a gps lock on this phone. I mentioned that I was running the DK28 BUILD OF FROYO and the douchebag at the front blamed me for the issue. When the actual tech came to me an hour later he said he tried replacing the actual gps reciever in the phone and it still wouldent lock so he gave me anew one. He then asked where he could get the version of froyo I had lol.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Just went into my local Sprint store here in vegas and told them I have nevergotten a gps lock on this phone. I mentioned that I was running the DK28 BUILD OF FROYO and the douchebag at the front blamed me for the issue. When the actual tech came to me an hour later he said he tried replacing the actual gps reciever in the phone and it still wouldent lock so he gave me anew one. He then asked where he could get the version of froyo I had lol.

You PROBABLY shouldnt have mentioned you were running a leaked and unapproved Froyo build...just sayin...

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
becuase your technically adding a software that sprint is saying you shouldnt install on your phone. so if something goes wrong with it they can say we told you so. also becuase sprint only wants you to do upgrades through ota

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So why the option in my phone to add non market approved applications on my phone? Shouldn't they just disable that. Are you saying Sprint is Apple now?

Prince_Basil

May 1, 2010
princebasil.net
My keyboard doesn't always work. The four touchscreen buttons don't want to work correctly either and I'm sure my GPS doesn't work. I can't ever get it to find me. I bought it at Best Buy because I liked the way their monthly insurance sounded over Sprint's monthly insurance. Well... I literally took it in about 5 or 6 times before I just broke the screen and took it in. They replaced the screen but they never fixed any of the other problems. They had it for 2 days short of a month and only thing they fixed was the broken screen. Shortly after I went back a couple times to get the four touchscreen keys fixed and they said it was because I was rooted. At the time I was not rooted. I had used Odin to go back to stock. The man was literally yelling at me and I was being very calm which pissed me off. So I grabbed the phone out of his hands and walked right out. So idk what to do now. I really need these keys to work and they're being difficult. Any tips? Something that I can do to my phone so that it will be unfixable. Like I said, I've been to Best Buy soooo many times and I'm about to just leave Sprint all together. I know its not there fault but its really bothering me. Help?

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
with the use of installing non android market apps and software is apples to oranges. one is changing the whole configuration of your phone while the other is downloading a program

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm